Security Installer Community

Upgrade Gardtec 360 Control Panel

Kangaroo

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade the control box, keypad and PIRs but still using the existing 6 core cable.

What would you recommend as a replacement for GARDTEC system?

Looking for bells only in the first instance

but would be interested in option for an auto dialler or smart systems that used wires and wireless, if possible.

Thanks for your help in advance.

KG

Edited by Kangaroo

Every installer has there preferred manufacturers for a number of reasons.

Most models would be fine with 6 core all round and will have some "smart" options.

Some manufacturers these smart options are subscription via an installer only. Bells only would be no problem.

Worth replacing your bellbox and testing the cabling while your at it.

Most PIR's will work with most systems when it comes to wired, wireless you would be stuck to the same manufacturer as the panel.

For PIR's I'd look for minimum of "quads" or if required "dual-tech" and models with sealed optics so your Optex, Bosch as some examples.

I don't care much for "smart" apps myself but take note of my initial post, if you want to guarantee your alarm gets a message to you, polled signalling via monitoring station would be required and you'd need an installer to do this. 

Maybe take a look at some older DIY threads, before taking on the project consider it may take you weeks and months of messing about whereas an installer could have it done in a day.