Security Installer Community

8SP400 Accenta G3

Hello all, 

My first post so please be kind. I have an accenta g3 with the remote key panel. The alarm went off the other day due to taking too long to turn it off. The alarm bell disarmed as expected, but the strobe continues to flash. I have checked the control panel battery which was 12.7v and I have also changed it because it is over 10 years old. I have also tried a power down reset to no avail. The strobe will stop if I disconnect one of the wires on the control panel for it, but will start up again if the wire is put back on. I have measured 13v across the strobe + and -. But it does not appear to alter the voltage as I would expect when the strobe flashes. This would indicate a bell fault wouldn’t it or am I missing something? Thank you in advance for any help/assistance 

I would think the panel is still "in alarm".

Perhaps it needs to be reset, possibly engineer reset (different code)

It is common for the sounder to silence but for the strobe to continue to activate - this was to indicate where the alarm activation was.

It is unlikely that the bell/sounder/strobe assembly has just developed a fault - credit to you for disconnecting wires and measuring voltages etc but you might be heading towards the "somethings gone wrong" route when in fact the answer is most likely more simple. 

• Upvote 1

the strobe output will remain active if not 'reset' if its active when the panel seems normal it has an issue. You have measured its the panel driving it so cannot be a faulty sounder

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi Gents thanks for the replies. Regarding the reset, is that power down panel and disconnect battery, then reconnect battery, close panel and power up, then ##? If so, how long is everything meant to be disconnected for?

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
default info

No - reset is done with the PIN. Don't forget this is a burglar alarm so at it's heart is security - it's not supposed to be powered down and up again to reset - otherwise the burglar would be able to do that!

If you don't know how then you will need to check the manual. If you don't have the manual you can search the interweb? for it. If it needs an engineer reset that will be a different code - if you don't know the engineer's code you will need the engineer's manual which should tell you how to default the panel (which is not just powering it down and back on again). Again, search the interweb.

Hello, sorry I was reading the manual where it says press ## on powering up the panel, so assumed it has to be powered done first. I do know my engineers code and have found the other way of resetting it, so will try that at the weekend. Thanks for the assistance chaps

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
Removed defaulting image, no defaulting info here please.