Security Installer Community

Unusually light for fire deaths

10 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Puts ash in plastic bag and then in a cupboard with fire starting materials?!... FFS

There is more than a staff training issue here.

Yep lack of common sense, I now understand what my auditor was coming from when he asked if my staff had recieved training on the stuff kept under the sink at work. Theres me thinking everyone knows not to drink or rub that shit over your nuts, but it would seem not everyone has common sense. 

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

Do you guys use third party fire consultants? Or you leave that to the architects etc or in-house 

I have a list of independent FRA's that I pass on to anyone that doesnt understand their legal obligations. Which tbf is most people 

Just now, PeterJames said:

I have a list of independent FRA's that I pass on to anyone that doesnt understand their legal obligations. Which tbf is most people 

Some get confused between having a fire alarm installed and a buildings fire consultation report if that's what it's called , I tell them , it's not the fire engineer who would do this as far as I know 

nice video, taken along with the text in the article-

put the ashes in the cupboards 4am

the fire alarm been off at some point

6:40 they open the cupboards as they smell smoke-

fire discovered & opening the door makes it spread, the man who puts the ashes in there is the guy tried o fight the fire with an extinguisher.

poor judgment & worse luck,

Mr? Veritas God