Jump to content
Security Installer Community

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I fitted an Abacus alarm in my home many years ago (DIYer) and have maintained it since, my problem now is the LCD keypad buttons make poor contact and I opened the cover causing (Keypad Tamper Trbl) My question is if I fit a new keypad are my  codes saved in the old keypad or the main alarm box or will the new keypad revert to the original default codes.

Many Thanks, Peter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Codes will be saved in the NVM in the main control, assuming batteries are all OK. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, peterreynolds said:

Hi,

I fitted an Abacus alarm in my home many years ago (DIYer) and have maintained it since, my problem now is the LCD keypad buttons make poor contact and I opened the cover causing (Keypad Tamper Trbl) My question is if I fit a new keypad are my  codes saved in the old keypad or the main alarm box or will the new keypad revert to the original default codes.

Many Thanks, Peter.

 

25 minutes ago, norman said:

Codes will be saved in the NVM in the main control, assuming batteries are all OK. 

 

25 minutes ago, norman said:

Codes will be saved in the NVM in the main control, assuming batteries are all OK. 

Battery is good, I've attached picture of the type of LCD Keypad just to be sure.

Abacus keypad.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Codes are saved in the main control but just as a caveat it's not totally uncommon for older panels to corrupt or lose programming when down powered.

 

More than likely OK but worst case you would have to update/replace the control panel

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, peterreynolds said:

Thanks Norman and Peter J, there's a couple available on ebay.

Plenty about lol , but I would upgrade 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peterreynolds said:

Thanks Norman and Peter J, there's a couple available on ebay.

Couple of used 20 year old keypads that wont be much better than the one you have. I know its easier to just replace the keypad, but I think you could end up exactly where you are now after you have replaced it, only a bit poorer

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, peterreynolds said:

One is brand new in un-opened box, I sent the picture to them and they confirmed it is the same from old stock.

But an upgrade of panel and keypad is about £100? Even on basic like a 9651 with prox tags 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peterreynolds said:

One is brand new in un-opened box, I sent the picture to them and they confirmed it is the same from old stock.

You were lucky, lets hope your luck is the same when the cpu fails 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

I watched the item....£86 ish

 

I be terrified to bid in case I won !

£86 you can get new controls for that , maybe even hybrid scanny ion40 better than abacus 

 

But it just don't add up sometimes 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

But it just don't add up sometimes 

 

Peter ain't got another roll of wallpaper to make good the hallway ?

 

or he's living in a 1990's museum.... who does'nt love a kangol bucket hat ?

 

 

Mr😀 Veritas God

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrHappy said:

 

Peter ain't got another roll of wallpaper to make good the hallway ?

 

or he's living in a 1990's museum.... who does'nt love a kangol bucket hat ?

 

 

Odd you say that I still have rolls.of.paper for repairs 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Odd you say that I still have rolls.of.paper for repairs 

Good thinking, you cant buy action man and ninja turtle wallpaper anymore. Is my imagination of your house accurate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

Good thinking, you cant buy action man and ninja turtle wallpaper anymore. Is my imagination of your house accurate?

You do have "striaght" wall.paper in Brighton yeah?

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

Al's front parlour ?

 

s-l500.jpg

Nah man far from it lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

 

I'm pleased to hear that.... as one of the 1st symptoms of covid is loosing your sense of taste 😉

 

 

Slightly stereotyping using the same wall paper as my local curry house, at least my wallpaper was inspired on Imran's banter comments 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.