Security Installer Community

12v 7Ah SLA swap for lithium equivalent

aechlin

Hi all, Happy New Year to you all.

As the title suggests, what's the collective thought of these batteries from Ultramax? I have asked them if they are a direct replacement to the SLA type and they say they are indeed. Are they worth it, will they hold the system tight for much longer with mains failure than an 8 hour stint from SLA? As li-ion is the most unstable battery known to man, would you need to monitor its environment with regards to temperature triggering a zone maybe?

Look forward to your thoughts

Alistair

14 minutes ago, aechlin said:

Hi all, Happy New Year to you all.

As the title suggests, what's the collective thought of these batteries from Ultramax? I have asked them if they are a direct replacement to the SLA type and they say they are indeed. Are they worth it, will they hold the system tight for much longer with mains failure than an 8 hour stint from SLA? As li-ion is the most unstable battery known to man, would you need to monitor its environment with regards to temperature triggering a zone maybe?

Look forward to your thoughts

Alistair

What does your panel manufacturer recommend?

39 minutes ago, aechlin said:

Are they worth it, will they hold the system tight for much longer with mains failure than an 8 hour stint from SLA?

Its lighter & claims 6 x the service life of a lead acid battey

but its still only 7Ah & 6x the price of lead acid one ?

I'd rather buy 6 lead ones as 18-30yr service life it likely me or the equipment it powers will be dead ?

Mr? Veritas God

Just now, aechlin said:

Good point, as Menvier brought out the M2000 they did specify a sla, but in fairness that was recommended over 13 years ago - tech advances have moved on.

Yes 

I would recommend upgrading panel and battery when you do it .....

7 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Yes 

I would recommend upgrading panel and battery when you do it .....

Nah, I think I shall stick with the SLA, as its a lot safer or should I say less prone to getting warm and spewing sparks and smoke out. I have progressed from a TS700 years and years ago to my now M2000 which I really like - just wish it had more custom outputs because 8 just isn't enough for me. Do you still play with these al-yeti?

1 minute ago, aechlin said:

Nah, I think I shall stick with the SLA, as its a lot safer or should I say less prone to getting warm and spewing sparks and smoke out. I have progressed from a TS700 years and years ago to my now M2000 which I really like - just wish it had more custom outputs because 8 just isn't enough for me. Do you still play with these al-yeti?

Yes , I bin them often as I can and use modern equipment that has what I need and customers need 

neither, mines an A51 - does what I need without having to fork out £££'s. Its a phone at the end of the day, I have pc's at home and work, where I don't have to wince my eyes to read the screen and my sausage fingers can hit all the correct keys without getting them wrong ?

10 minutes ago, aechlin said:

neither, mines an A51 - does what I need without having to fork out £££'s. Its a phone at the end of the day, I have pc's at home and work, where I don't have to wince my eyes to read the screen and my sausage fingers can hit all the correct keys without getting them wrong ?

Ok just wondering, thought you might be using an old Nokia 

Just now, aechlin said:

I can tell your trying to tempt me with something ultra modern here al-yeti......... and I don't think your gonna make me crack....

Nah not really , but atleast you see the point where others don't 

So I hope that panel cracks soon , because you genuinely sound like someone who will have fun replacing it, and have those outputs switch that kettle on ....

Well its odd, because my first alarm was a TS500, then I had a Melcom (looking back I should have gotten certified!!) Then next property a TS700 was fitted, then went onto a TS900+, the now, next property I put in a M800 and it was good, no problems. Then I went onto the current M2000. I have a SDGSM hooked onto it, outputs control lighting, also Atiny88's that use RF to control those Energenie mains sockets, all the christmas lights inside and out are controlled by them with the system timers. Only thing thats not controlled is the kettle! Its like sticking to your favourite car or van brand I suppose. You know how they work and more importantly how to fix them.