Security Installer Community

Adding ricochet device to Texecom

saguy

Hello. First time poster here. I'm getting annoyed with installers never doing exactly what I want, so trying to learn to do this myself.

I have a new QD-W indoor ricochet PIR. I followed this video to add it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFKPf77VVM

It seems to have gone well as I have been able to see the following:

- A tamper alarm for the zone when I was busy installing the PIR

- When doing a walk test for area 1 the zone is picked up when I walk through it.

Due to the location of this zone it is omitted from all part arms and should only be armed when I do a full arm on area 1. I tried setting my alarm now and walking into the room, but my alarm is not triggered.

Other than the omit zones, all the other settings appear to be exactly the same as another one of my zones.

Attached are screenshots of the zone setup, what am I missing to get this zone to trigger my alarm when fully armed:

6.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

4.jpeg

10.jpeg

9.jpeg

5.jpeg

8.jpeg

7.jpeg

33 minutes ago, saguy said:

Hello. First time poster here. I'm getting annoyed with installers never doing exactly what I want, so trying to learn to do this myself.

As this place is full of installers I dont think you will have much luck 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, saguy said:

I have a new QD-W indoor ricochet PIR. I followed this video to add it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFKPf77VVM

It seems to have gone well as I have been able to see the following:

- A tamper alarm for the zone when I was busy installing the PIR

- When doing a walk test for area 1 the zone is picked up when I walk through it.

Due to the location of this zone it is omitted from all part arms and should only be armed when I do a full arm on area 1. I tried setting my alarm now and walking into the room, but my alarm is not triggered.

Other than the omit zones, all the other settings appear to be exactly the same as another one of my zones.

Attached are screenshots of the zone setup, what am I missing to get this zone to trigger my alarm when fully armed:

6.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

4.jpeg

10.jpeg

9.jpeg

5.jpeg

8.jpeg

7.jpeg

How about you start again , your annoyed for some reason , you want to diy it to save money , cos reality that's why most ask , which isn't a problem dude 

You have missed a step tho somewhere , to clue or not to clue that is the question 

55 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

sorry we're not prepared to come & work in your house dressed as wonder women....

44 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

As this place is full of installers I dont think you will have much luck 

29 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

How about you start again , your annoyed for some reason , you want to diy it to save money , cos reality that's why most ask , which isn't a problem dude 

You have missed a step tho somewhere , to clue or not to clue that is the question 

Sorry, I must apologise... really put my foot in it. Was frustrated with my local installers and with my inability to rectify the issues. Not trying to save money, literally just trying to get my system working the way I want it.

When my local installers leave I'm left with spelling errors, sensors in incorrect zones and part arms setup incorrectly. Then when I changed installers they undid everything and made it worse... At one stage I even had to get someone who works at Texecom directly to come to my house to fix up the installer's errors. One of the installers had me replace half my system, only to find out later that there was no reason for me to do it.

It's been frustrating, but my apologies for bringing that frustration here.

Not trying to take the work out of installers hands, but sadly it's become a case of "if you want something done right, do it yourself" when it comes to my local installers and Texecom products.

33 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

The mode for a QD-W should be Hybrid not Auto, Wait more than 3 minutes after arming the system before you walk past the PIR, the PIR will be asleep if it has been recently activated.

Thank you, I will test this.