Security Installer Community

Adding ricochet device to Texecom

saguy

Hello. First time poster here. I'm getting annoyed with installers never doing exactly what I want, so trying to learn to do this myself.

I have a new QD-W indoor ricochet PIR. I followed this video to add it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFKPf77VVM

It seems to have gone well as I have been able to see the following:

- A tamper alarm for the zone when I was busy installing the PIR

- When doing a walk test for area 1 the zone is picked up when I walk through it.

Due to the location of this zone it is omitted from all part arms and should only be armed when I do a full arm on area 1. I tried setting my alarm now and walking into the room, but my alarm is not triggered.

Other than the omit zones, all the other settings appear to be exactly the same as another one of my zones.

Attached are screenshots of the zone setup, what am I missing to get this zone to trigger my alarm when fully armed:

6.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

4.jpeg

10.jpeg

9.jpeg

5.jpeg

8.jpeg

7.jpeg

33 minutes ago, saguy said:

Hello. First time poster here. I'm getting annoyed with installers never doing exactly what I want, so trying to learn to do this myself.

As this place is full of installers I dont think you will have much luck 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, saguy said:

I have a new QD-W indoor ricochet PIR. I followed this video to add it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMFKPf77VVM

It seems to have gone well as I have been able to see the following:

- A tamper alarm for the zone when I was busy installing the PIR

- When doing a walk test for area 1 the zone is picked up when I walk through it.

Due to the location of this zone it is omitted from all part arms and should only be armed when I do a full arm on area 1. I tried setting my alarm now and walking into the room, but my alarm is not triggered.

Other than the omit zones, all the other settings appear to be exactly the same as another one of my zones.

Attached are screenshots of the zone setup, what am I missing to get this zone to trigger my alarm when fully armed:

6.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

4.jpeg

10.jpeg

9.jpeg

5.jpeg

8.jpeg

7.jpeg

How about you start again , your annoyed for some reason , you want to diy it to save money , cos reality that's why most ask , which isn't a problem dude 

You have missed a step tho somewhere , to clue or not to clue that is the question 

55 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

sorry we're not prepared to come & work in your house dressed as wonder women....

44 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

As this place is full of installers I dont think you will have much luck 

29 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

How about you start again , your annoyed for some reason , you want to diy it to save money , cos reality that's why most ask , which isn't a problem dude 

You have missed a step tho somewhere , to clue or not to clue that is the question 

Sorry, I must apologise... really put my foot in it. Was frustrated with my local installers and with my inability to rectify the issues. Not trying to save money, literally just trying to get my system working the way I want it.

When my local installers leave I'm left with spelling errors, sensors in incorrect zones and part arms setup incorrectly. Then when I changed installers they undid everything and made it worse... At one stage I even had to get someone who works at Texecom directly to come to my house to fix up the installer's errors. One of the installers had me replace half my system, only to find out later that there was no reason for me to do it.

It's been frustrating, but my apologies for bringing that frustration here.

Not trying to take the work out of installers hands, but sadly it's become a case of "if you want something done right, do it yourself" when it comes to my local installers and Texecom products.

33 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

The mode for a QD-W should be Hybrid not Auto, Wait more than 3 minutes after arming the system before you walk past the PIR, the PIR will be asleep if it has been recently activated.

Thank you, I will test this.

15 hours ago, pcaouolte said:

The mode for a QD-W should be Hybrid not Auto, Wait more than 3 minutes after arming the system before you walk past the PIR, the PIR will be asleep if it has been recently activated.

Why’s that mate? Genuine question as I only work on Pyronix. Texecom always seem to over complicate stuff.

57 minutes ago, Amps said:

Why’s that mate? 

Coz that's what it says in the manual ? 

From the manual:
Hybrid mode is used to control the reporting functions for devices. When in the mode devices are asleep when the system is set, and are woken up by the control panel at the point of arming. When the system is disarmed the devices will be put back to sleep. This mode of operation is the default mode for XT-W, QD-W & DT-W.

9 minutes ago, Amps said:

What’s auto mode then? 

From the manual:

Auto. When in Auto Mode, devices poll at 15 minute intervals. Following activation, devices will not transmit the same activation again for a period of 3 minutes.

There is also "Always Awake". This mode should only be used on devices which are required to signal at all times and is the default setting for the Impaq Contact-W and Impaq Plus-W.

Its all about getting the battery to last a bit longer.

In fairness to Texecom, if you just learn on the device and leave the device settings alone each device automatically gets the correct settings.

19 minutes ago, pcaouolte said:

There is also "Always Awake". This mode should only be used on devices which are required to signal at all times and is the default setting for the Impaq Contact-W and Impaq Plus-W.

In fairness to Texecom, if you just learn on the device and leave the device settings alone each device automatically gets the correct settings.

?

1 hour ago, pcaouolte said:

I was about to say battery life 

How long they last in each mode?

50 minutes ago, Amps said:

?

Pyronix batteries don't last long tho compared to others

9 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

How long they last in each mode?

Too many variables to say. A contact on a door that gets used a lot doesn't last as long as one that's rarely used. Also the signal from one device can hop through other devices, which reduces the battery life of the device that is being hopped through, but a small system with few devices can also use batteries faster as the devices struggle to poll in to the receiver and try multiple times.

Its safest to use the correct mode for each device and change all batteries every year.

1 minute ago, pcaouolte said:

Too many variables to say. A contact on a door that gets used a lot doesn't last as long as one that's rarely used. Also the signal from one device can hop through other devices, which reduces the battery life of the device that is being hopped through, but a small system with few devices can also use batteries faster as the devices struggle to poll in to the receiver and try multiple times.

Its safest to use the correct mode for each device and change all batteries every year.

Doesn't sound good then , I have many hkc will run three years easy even a door contact

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Pyronix batteries don't last long tho compared to others

Normally change every 2 years without a problem. Known then last 3.5yeats depending on the environment.

Edited by Amps

Well thanks for the help everyone, I managed to get the PIR in and all working fine.

Also installed Wintex so I can fix all the spelling errors and inconsistencies a lot easier

I see a lot of strange things though in Wintex, example - for the exact same PIRs in adjacent rooms a good few settings are different for no reason - and other things where rooms in the middle of the house are marked as Entry/Exit. Some of my Ricochet external td-w beams also require that I put in my engineer code every time they are triggered into an alarmed state, I can't clear them with a normal user reset. The one installer told me that's impossible, even though I showed him a video of exactly that.

Although I'm a tad nervous messing around in Wintex. I see Texecom has free installer workshops, I may just attend those and upskill.

As some of you guessed, I'm not in the UK. I'm in South Africa. Any of you fine installers want to come to SA and actually show our locals how it's done?

10 minutes ago, saguy said:

Well thanks for the help everyone, I managed to get the PIR in and all working fine.

Also installed Wintex so I can fix all the spelling errors and inconsistencies a lot easier

I see a lot of strange things though in Wintex, example - for the exact same PIRs in adjacent rooms a good few settings are different for no reason - and other things where rooms in the middle of the house are marked as Entry/Exit. Some of my Ricochet external td-w beams also require that I put in my engineer code every time they are triggered into an alarmed state, I can't clear them with a normal user reset. The one installer told me that's impossible, even though I showed him a video of exactly that.

Although I'm a tad nervous messing around in Wintex. I see Texecom has free installer workshops, I may just attend those and upskill.

As some of you guessed, I'm not in the UK. I'm in South Africa. Any of you fine installers want to come to SA and actually show our locals how it's done?

I guess all expenses paid in advance someone might come lol

28 minutes ago, saguy said:

One of my engineers moved to SA for a while, his first week as a tech (that's what they're called in SA) there was a tech shot by armed response while up a ladder fixing a bell. Apparently they all have jackets with a big T on the back to try to prevent them getting shot.