Security Installer Community

ADE Optima can't reset codes nor will internal sounder stop

I am all for keeping serviceable well maintained systems irrelevant of age. From the pictures I wouldn't be wasting time on that mess and want to be upgrading it.

You can't expect a cheap domestic onboard panel to work in a dusty/dirty environment for very long.

It also appears to have been lacking any maintenance with one of those batteries in and what's with the two woodscrews holding the transformer in...

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

James Wilson Said "When first powered up its in a test mode showing open circuits. Once you clear them all it will then go to rest / day mode.   One option is to remove all circuit wiring (marking up first and take a photo) then link out all to prove the panel. If the panel functions with all circuits, tampers etc closed then you have a base point to start from"

and that's your answer - it works, it worked for me. 

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
No defaulting information

15 hours ago, PeBe said:

James Wilson Said "When first powered up its in a test mode showing open circuits. Once you clear them all it will then go to rest / day mode.   One option is to remove all circuit wiring (marking up first and take a photo) then link out all to prove the panel. If the panel functions with all circuits, tampers etc closed then you have a base point to start from"

and that's your answer - it works, it worked for me.

Since the last post was Dec 2020 your a bit late to the party 

image.png

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
as above