Security Installer Community

ADE Optima can't reset codes nor will internal sounder stop

I'm trying to change our user code because the remote keypad has a bad membrane so I was going to change it to a pin that didn't use that button! 

We don't know our engineer's code so I tried to do a reset of the engineer's code using a strap ##REMOVED## 

So I started the system up again with the strap and left it maybe a minute - no alarm started to sound as it apparently should do, but I'm not sure our external sounder works.

I figure the strap was actually working because the alarm didn't sound when I connected power as it does normally when the tamper switch is unpressed (lid open).

Anyway so after waiting a minute I disconnected the strap and  reconnected power. ALL The lights illuminated. I waited, thinking this might be a bootup sequence thing, but nothing happened and the keypad didn't beep to acknowledge key presses.

Eventually I pushed in the tamper button and the alarm started sounding and the LEDs went out.

However neither ##REMOVED CODES## work - even if followed closely up by a press on the reset button.

I'm confused. If anyone could shed any light I'd be grateful!

Thank you

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
No codes or defaulting instructions as per our guidelines, please

14 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

to skip it and update it

Because if it’s old it’s useless? It’s been working fine for years.

18 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

you have the wrong manual thats an original compact as it only has 6 zones. 

oops. I googled and googled but couldn’t find the manual for this particular compact variant. Will have another go

It is knocking on though an optima compact gen4 isnt exactly much.

Old yes useless maybe not, worth spending much time on, no. But depends how much you need it and how important reliability is. Is also god a horrid cheap battery on it that certainly wont help if it was ever 2.2Ah id be astounded

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks, sensible words there which I’ll bear in mind.

I’m feeling reassured I probably haven’t damaged it because I found a manual for an accenta 8 (same thing with two extra zones?) and it had the exact same reset routine. 

does any of its behaviour sound normal? Like the way all the lights lit but then none of the button presses registered until I pressed the tamper spring in at which point the alarm went off and again neither of the supposedly reset user/engineer codes were recognised