Security Installer Community

RSS to Honeywell gal dimension 520 version 7.02 thanks

Paul Doyle

hello James not sure bud its NON Dongle version its not UMS it is full access version I set it up the normal way 

account Number at the panel etc the version on the software 6.7 dimension will that have any effect with it not making

a direct connection cheers paul

1 hour ago, Paul Doyle said:

hello James not sure bud its NON Dongle version its not UMS it is full access version I set it up the normal way 

account Number at the panel etc the version on the software 6.7 dimension will that have any effect with it not making

a direct connection cheers paul

Check call back numbers haven't been set.

system login user name xxxxxxxx password xxxxxxxx in the background communication server man in box server listening for call

its easy with the texacom elite UDL i cant find it on this software i have enabled the remote access at keypad to direct connection 

1200 baud 8N1 on the bottom of the window when site is open its say direct not connected and user manager connected am i missing something

created all the site details etc 

Edited by james.wilson
no defaults in public please

How are you actually connecting ? Serial, PSTN or Ethernet ?

Before starting up RSS ensure that the comm's server has been shut down in the Windows system tray.  When it asks about shutdown, enter 0 to shut down immediately. 

Then start up RSS by right clicking comms server and front shell and running as administrator.  Click 'ok' to allow the comms server to start up, then login with manager and password.

Then open the site in question, right click the comms and setup the connection you require. COM / Ethernet / Etc.

• Like 1

The default is 'manager' and 'password'.   If you open up the comms manager in the system tray and select the com port you have set up, ensure that com port has the correct settings for your panel.  If your panel is at default, it will be direct at 9600 baud.  If you've modified the internal RS232 speed, then you need to match the settings you have set.

Also, the database is a MSSQL, so RSS relies on the db server being up and running.

2 minutes ago, Paul Doyle said:

hello galaxy guy I followed the above what you suggested it says front shell is not connected to Comms server

connecting to the panel Is not possible Regards Paul 

Did a pop-up box saying something like http://localhost come up ?  If it does, you need to change the word localhost to 127.0.0.1

Some Windows installs seem to have issues with RSS. It will not work if MSSQLSERVER has been installed previously.

Make sure you get the loopback IP address correct it's.  http:127.0.0.1:8888/disco/?handler =common service

Not sure if you just had a typo above missing a dot.    It seems newer versions of Windows are not resolving localhost back to the loopback address and RSS requires that.

46 minutes ago, Paul Doyle said:

127.0.0.1 Driver={SQL Server};server={.\sqlexpress};Trusted_Connection=no;uid=sa;database=Dimension;

galaxy is it windows 10 or just newer versions of windows cheers bud ?

I've not gone back to older versions to check, but did start seeing it in W10.