Security Installer Community

Galaxy flex install coming up

James R

Hi all, got an install coming up - galaxy flex panel with dt pirs 

Any advice from anyone who has fitted these? Not my choice, it's been specced by others. Honeywell programming software looks like it costs an F-ing fortune. What's up with that? 

Regards 

22 minutes ago, James R said:

Hi all, got an install coming up - galaxy flex panel with dt pirs 

Any advice from anyone who has fitted these? Not my choice, it's been specced by others. Honeywell programming software looks like it costs an F-ing fortune. What's up with that? 

Regards 

I personally quite like galaxy panels   you can just program via keypad instead of using the software 

1 minute ago, Imnotshankled said:

I personally quite like galaxy panels   you can just program via keypad instead of using the software 

I will be - got a quote, about 900 quid for their remote service suit with one licence - Key pad it is then... 

2 hours ago, James R said:

Panel - gprs comms module- ip comms module - 15 dt pirs... I'm thinking I'm  gonna set it up and program in the office before I hand it to my installer. 

You blagging? 

Cos I professional blagger and only room for.ome here

2 hours ago, James R said:

Panel - gprs comms module- ip comms module - 15 dt pirs... I'm thinking I'm  gonna set it up and program in the office before I hand it to my installer. 

I installed classic galaxy for years and always used the keypad, never had an issue just used to carry one on a flylead and find somewhere comfortable to do it. Even better doing it on the bench in the comfort of your office. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

On 28/11/2020 at 20:59, James R said:

If port forwarding for use with the GX app, you can only lock down the RSS and UMS passwords with RSS at the moment.   In saying that, the best advice is to use a VPN rather than opening ports up.

18 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

If port forwarding for use with the GX app, you can only lock down the RSS and UMS passwords with RSS at the moment.   In saying that, the best advice is to use a VPN rather than opening ports up.

Hi,  dont have the RSS. Can't justify the cost as we don't do a lot of galaxy. 

One question, got an ip module that's been specced - would that just connect to customers network to be able to use the app? 

Regards 

18 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

They also specced a gsm/gprs comms module - we are setting up radio/radio Dualcom for keyholder monitoring, I take it there's no need for the honeywell module as well? 

3 hours ago, James R said:

They also specced a gsm/gprs comms module - we are setting up radio/radio Dualcom for keyholder monitoring, I take it there's no need for the honeywell module as well? 

No, but it can be used for direct SMS. The Ethernet module can be used for the gx app, allowing remote control.

3 hours ago, James R said:

If you can avoid the app do so , it's messy , the selfmon virtual keypad might do them if they want to set from bed lol