Security Installer Community

Electrician converting to intruder alarm engineer

James R

4 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

An EOL circuit is 2 wires, these have been twisted together to make pair of cables

I'd use a drill, with a hook in the chuck

The pic is not my work but that of @PSE

mine look better with the lid on ?

Drill with a hook to twist the cables--like that... Your not taking the piss are you? ?

3 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

D9MCccgXYAEImKZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

this is another pic from the same install, alloy tube

it quite unlikely anyone without an alarm trade background will tube & enter the tube by drilling into the back of it? (

That looks good - as a background as a sparks I would have just used 20mm galv conduit - is that stuff easier to install? Obvs galv conduit is a c*nt

Just now, James R said:

That looks good - as a background as a sparks I would have just used 20mm galv conduit - is that stuff easier to install? Obvs galv conduit is a c*nt

Very easy to use, 12mm Diameter only. 
Fir a nice clean but free cut, I use a standard 15mm copper pipe cutter.. nice and neat with no jagged edges

14 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

An EOL circuit is 2 wires, these have been twisted together to make pair of cables

I'd use a drill, with a hook in the chuck

The pic is not my work but that of @PSE

mine look better with the lid on ?

My cabling also looks like a F-ing masterpiece when the ceiling tiles are back in?

2 minutes ago, PSE said:

Very easy to use, 12mm Diameter only. 
Fir a nice clean but free cut, I use a standard 15mm copper pipe cutter.. nice and neat with no jagged edges

Nice... What's the prices like on that gear? Had to do a whole job (sparky) in stainless steel conduit before... Nearly died in the process lol

4 minutes ago, Imnotshankled said:

Saw your installation today     disappointed 

My head hurts as the 7ah fell out

67886250_10219356428278293_7654217958738100224_o.jpg

Wheres that? At least the garage door wont end in front of the dB cover when you have it up - that's something ?

Never used a hook in the drill myself, I just use a specific Bosch mini 12v drill and bang the pair straight into the chuck. Literally 5 seconds on reverse spin and it’s done, nice neat pairs all looking identical and even twists.

1 hour ago, PSE said:

Never used a hook in the drill myself, I just use a specific Bosch mini 12v drill and bang the pair straight into the chuck. Literally 5 seconds on reverse spin and it’s done, nice neat pairs all looking identical and even twists.

Same bend the ends over for a better grip then trim to size. 

Also worked really well with ceiling grid wire, used to get rolls from the skips and do metres at a time and cut to length for fish wires. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

11 hours ago, norman said:

Same bend the ends over for a better grip then trim to size. 

Also worked really well with ceiling grid wire, used to get rolls from the skips and do metres at a time and cut to length for fish wires. 

Easier to hand twist and lash in close nice white cover

15 hours ago, PSE said:

Anticlockwise ?

I started with mains drill & keyed chuck

I recall wrapping it in a plaggy bag to put sounders up in the rain, then getting a 9.6v Makita in tin box with a stick battery

Mr? Veritas God

Anti clockwise... 

I’m right handed but I twist pairs with left hand. Plays total fcukery with my OCD on terminating panels. Staff are trained to do it this way, I go mental on my random routine audits if I see anything else.... My head just can’t cope with it..

Edited by PSE