Security Installer Community

Electrician converting to intruder alarm engineer

James R

5 hours ago, al-yeti said:

What does your company install? And can you train there ?

Yes- training with texecom atm I like the wintex software for programming. Shame honeywell charge so much for their programming software as found their stuff to be pretty good. 

4 hours ago, James R said:

Yes- training with texecom atm I like the wintex software for programming. Shame honeywell charge so much for their programming software as found their stuff to be pretty good. 

Honeywell change so much? Be serious what I mean ?

i fit texecom, honeywell galaxy, as they are the main panels i trained on in a couple of security companies in the past, but in truth any trades person can change into another trade as long as they fully learn and understand the installation setup in any area, it shouldnt be a case that trades feel once your a trade you need to only do that if you want a different change in life go for it, but just fully understand and learn the trade fully on the correct routes to your qualification levels.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

22 hours ago, James R said:

Any advice of any sort from seasoned intruder alarm installers

Don't.... 

19 hours ago, Imnotshankled said:

Euro 46 app is what i fit

20201116_181905.jpg

you need to spend some time working at a proper co. ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

22 hours ago, James R said:

I heard that it Is it a trueism that a sparks could be an alarm engineer, but an alarm engineer couldn't be a sparks... Any truth in that? Personally I believe they are 2 completely different disciplines. 

intruder alarms are largely product knowledge,

you many be top man at XYZ Security & know the Galaxy like the back of your hand 

given the job of task of taking over & extending something which isn't a Galaxy you made make yourself look a proper tit.....

on one the 6 premises I have been to today, I had an in depth conversation on how to replace the rear wheel bearing on a FJ Yamaha (f'kin complex in laymen's terms) an old bloke who did financial stuff for the council, he's not a motor engineer but has the ability to do it because it interests him

If you have an interest in your job you probably what to learn stuff about it

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

1 minute ago, MrHappy said:

intruder alarms are largely product knowledge,

you many be top man at XYZ Security & know the Galaxy like the back of your hand 

given the job of task of taking over & extending something which isn't a Galaxy you made make yourself look a proper tit.....

on one the 6 premises I have been to today, I had an in depth conversation on how to replace the rear wheel bearing on a FJ Yamaha (f'kin complex in laymen's terms) an old bloke who did financial stuff for the council, he's not a motor engineer but has the ability to do it because it interests him

If you have an interest in your job you probably what to learn stuff about it

Right on. I also stand by the idea that F-ing up is a crucial part of the learning process. 

Also learned that if your swapping a bell box. Wear ear defenders lol