Security Installer Community

New amateur seeking a bit of advice.

inspiredron

6 minutes ago, inspiredron said:

Our friendly(?) vendors had told us they could not remember the codes - it would have been helpful if they had said that they cut the wires! *****!*!*!!! (expletives!)

buy a proper survey...

6 minutes ago, inspiredron said:

Zone attributes, naming zones (the installer was too lazy to do that) and setting up new engineer and user codes.

a system that's been hacked about has probably been f****d about & defaulted ?

the vendor is asked for the cert, spec & evidence the alarm has been serviced your probably not gonna get a working alarm with the house

Mr? Veritas God

37 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

That would indicate to me that it was unreliable or had an issue and they just killed all the internal sounders and left it.

I suppose you will have to see.

Or the battery was fooked it should have been replaced 9 years ago

The latter - I have already discovered that the vendor was not terribly clever at DIY and too mean to get things done properly. Yes the battery was shot, had probably been bleating at them for a long time that it was low, they did not want to fork out £100 for a call out (they had no maintenance contraxt) and they got totally fed up with the noise from the sounder and couldn't stop it and wouldn't pay for someone else to stop it.  SO - CUT THE WIRES to kill it. To quote myself - JOB DONE but actually JOB BODGED. I have every confidence that the system will work for the next 10 years with a little TLC.  The only thing that I have noticed is that the keypad backlight is a bit dim.

Yes, I doid ask for certificate and got the certificate of installation - when I rang the installers to enquire about a maintaenance contaract they wanted £250 to come out and inspect plus reset codes - hence my DIY effort. And they said that it had never been maintained since installation in 2004.  I would guess that it was cut in around 2010 but I canot se anything in th elog to support that.

Hey-ho!

But I'm pretty happy for the moment and grateful to this forum. It's good that you can help a 79  year old ?

On 25/11/2020 at 21:30, inspiredron said:

they wanted £250 to come out

Im thinking of putting my non contract charges up to £250, the problem with £120 is its still cheap enough for people to actually say yes. We rather people just take out a contract than call us out for one off jobs that are quite often more trouble than they are worth. When you get there they are never as easy as they explained over the phone.

Can you have two "Final Exits" on a 9651?  We would like to be able to use either front or back doors at will. Keypad is in hall which is currently set up as FE with PIR but no magnetic switch on the front door.  Back door opens into utility room currently set as NA which then leads into hall with no intervening sensors.

Can I simply configure the utility room PIR as a second FE (zone n, option type 05) as well as having the hall as FE  (zone m, option type 05) or does that cause confusion, particularly if I exit through hall and enter through Utility room?  

Panel software version is v2.03.0150.  Assuming that I can have two FE zones without confusion can I set a longer Entry timer for the back door (as programming options 200, 201, 202) or is that only for later software

Where the manual says things like x7 does it mean the cross folowed by 7 or is the x a shorthand for the string of parameters for other options which have been set with different commands?  For example to set a zone to Final Exit, entry timer 2 do I enter 05, tick, cross72 tick, or 05,cross 72, or 0572.

As ever, grateful for explanation as logic is not obvious.

Thanks in advance

Ron

There are no door contacts - I only have PIR's - I'd realised that it would be possible to put door contacts in series as a single zone which is why I said no door contact on front door in first line of my latest post.  Neither do I want the hassle of running wires to a second keypad.

Edited by inspiredron