Security Installer Community

Areas within Zones

Irfan

Hi,

With my installer we tried doing a zone but it doesn't really work as i want it to.

I have a Full Set/Night Set/Outhouse & Garage (new)

When i am out of the house i usually set Full Set on. We recently added Garage, so that i can arm/disarm the garage separately from the other zones. Which i can do and it works as it should.

However, as the Garage is also part of the Night Set, so when i am at home and for example i am upstairs and i un-arm Garage, it still sets off the alarm.

But i also like the fact that when i arm Night Set on the app, it automatically sets the garage on too as its in the same zone.

Ideally what i would like to do, is individually go in to the Zone (Night Set) and unselect things i want to disarm from there - even the rooms if necessary?

What's the best way to go around this? Any suggestions welcome!

He was going to go to manufacturers to see what solution there is - i thought i'd help him by digging around!

Not sure why alarm companies such as Pyronix won't allow things like that from software/app - it only makes sense to allow users to set certain zones only that isn't part of a group.

13 minutes ago, Irfan said:

He was going to go to manufacturers to see what solution there is - i thought i'd help him by digging around!

Not sure why alarm companies such as Pyronix won't allow things like that from software/app - it only makes sense to allow users to set certain zones only that isn't part of a group.

You can if the panel has enough groups 

But realistically what your asking for is no offence kind of stupid for residential, say you have 25 zones , your not in reality going to set them individually , except if you group them or as you said put them in areas 

What is more likely, if available , you need a bigger panel with more zones that will give you more areas 

Wallet is needed , he probably knows all this already if he's got you this far unless he's a diyer 

Edited by al-yeti

I know that it can be done - but each zone needs to be individual, but then when i go to sleep for example, i have to arm every single room separately, which will be annoying considering now i just set 'Night Set'

But what i would want to do ideally is, if Night Set is set - lets say i want to let a delivery in, yet still want the rest of the house armed, i would want to un-arm Garage alone. At the moment i cannot do that, i have to un-set everything..

No he's not a DIY'er but not sure if someone has asked him for something similar in the past :s

28 minutes ago, Irfan said:

I know that it can be done - but each zone needs to be individual, but then when i go to sleep for example, i have to arm every single room separately, which will be annoying considering now i just set 'Night Set'

But what i would want to do ideally is, if Night Set is set - lets say i want to let a delivery in, yet still want the rest of the house armed, i would want to un-arm Garage alone. At the moment i cannot do that, i have to un-set everything..

No he's not a DIY'er but not sure if someone has asked him for something similar in the past :s

You want to part set not set areas and zones there is way to do that to 

Setting zones and areas is different to part sets 

Then because some areas are seperate you can disarm what you want , nothing will be perfect but he should be able to do it