Security Installer Community

Old Veritas 8 alarm panel, lost manual, how to setup PART set Zones

tee cee

Hi, i fitted it over 20 years ago ! have been adding /replacing sensors as needed. alls been fine.

However i had a new fuse box fitted, now cant use the system as cannot get into programming mode or to setup which zones are part zones.

If i key in #### PROG i get rejected tone, same with #### PROG

But if i key in #### 00 or #### 00 the leds all come on, but then keying in 51 doesnt work

If i remember right, i didnt have to do that, i think it was just programming mode > key PART > led light up that are in part set., then select which ones you want.

But this doesnt work either, 

Any ideas or a manual ?

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
No codes please

It's a Pre-2K Veritas the programming options are very different to modern ones.

Part set was option 02 IIRC. Seems like it may have lost all it's memory which is more concerning, has it been serviced and had replacement batteries in that time?

We don't provide manuals, codes or defaulting information here as per our guidelines.

57 minutes ago, tee cee said:

Hi, i fitted it over 20 years ago ! have been adding /replacing sensors as needed. alls been fine.

However i had a new fuse box fitted, now cant use the system as cannot get into programming mode or to setup which zones are part zones.

If i key in #### PROG i get rejected tone, same with #### PROG

But if i key in #### 00 or #### 00 the leds all come on, but then keying in 51 doesnt work

If i remember right, i didnt have to do that, i think it was just programming mode > key PART > led light up that are in part set., then select which ones you want.

But this doesnt work either, 

Any ideas or a manual ?

Better to replace panel, as if your competent as you say you are, it will be allot less hassle , and you won't go in circles 

maybe the fusebox was not operating or the op may have work done which required rcd protection, or it could be like me i moved ours 3 years ago didnt reinstall the old one in new location but installed a  full rcbo board instead.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

6 minutes ago, satsuma01 said:

maybe the fusebox was not operating or the op may have work done which required rcd protection, or it could be like me i moved ours 3 years ago didnt reinstall the old one in new location but installed a  full rcbo board instead.

Lol I read that different