Security Installer Community

fob reader advise

btssn

The alarm is honeywell accenta mini g4 with lcd keypad, the Simple Set reader SS/01 is no longer available and seems to be discontinued, what other proximity fob readers can be used instead of replacing control panel and keypad.

Thanks peeps i l know it been a while hope everyone is good

6 minutes ago, btssn said:

The alarm is honeywell accenta mini g4 with lcd keypad, the Simple Set reader SS/01 is no longer available and seems to be discontinued, what other proximity fob readers can be used instead of replacing control panel and keypad.

Thanks peeps i l know it been a while hope everyone is good

What's your budget?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, btssn said:

I shall hope not ?

What about a max 4 set in standalone mode maybe you can use it to set u set , the Honeywell uses a set key switch input ? I can't remember really 

But you would need the prox tags aswell so £50 no good 

But what Pete said should work , although a stand alone hkc keypad would do it to if your in the trade 

• Thanks 1

hmm the galaxy max 4 is more expensive, client is bit cheap skate lolz, i will check manual i believe it uses key switch input so the ss2 could be used to set and unset, i do not need fancy lights as will be fitting next to keypad so just simple set and unset.

8 hours ago, james.wilson said:

I think you will struggle, the gen 4 prox option was popular, while fobs can be sorted hardware can't. I'd suggest a panel change

Already suggested however customer does not want to spend that kind of money may just leave them with keypad until they get fed up.

10 hours ago, al-yeti said:

But what Pete said should work , although a stand alone hkc keypad would do it to if your in the trade 

Do you mean this keypad would keypad function ? most likely not however could be wired to use rf to set and unset

https://www.hkcsecurity.com/en-GB/products/intrusion-keypads/rf-rkp---rf-remote-keypad-/

31 minutes ago, btssn said:

would the galaxy mk7 keypad work with this panel as they have built in prox fob

No man

You should tell customer you cant help and if he doesn't upgrade the panel from you he will end up getting someone else to do the same thing 

And walk away ?

Edited by al-yeti
  • Upvote 2