Security Installer Community

Ring Cameras

12 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I am not a pro 

Ring cameras are not real CCTV , they are door bells and floodlights with a camera on them 

Substitute is just cos they cheap and aimed at DIY market 

You plan to start it as a ring installer hence you fit a door bell get your £60 and your done , I assume this is really y your asking 

Not in the slightest, haven't got time. Too busy working on national infrastructure project and public space.

I was simply curious and that's all. I understand the it will be knocked off the wall etc but that's not the real reason for something like this, it's more for everyday awareness outside your home. Not security.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

Oh, and thanks for all the negative ratings for asking a question on here and getting involved. 

That's what I like about this forum, it's open, friendly, helpful and not at all a bullying environment you are judged in.

That's great , thick skinned , but the red badges look good on you 

Few years you could sell them at auction

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

Oh, and thanks for all the negative ratings for asking a question on here and getting involved.

Personally I only give positive rating -

53 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

That's what I like about this forum, it's open, friendly, helpful and not at all a bullying environment you are judged in.

cause I get bored hearing the whining that from negative ratings

TSI is mostly a bunch of embittered tradesmen ripping the pish of each other

its also quite mild to what it once was ?

• Like 1

Mr? Veritas God

9 hours ago, scrimshanker said:

it's more for everyday awareness outside your home. Not security.

I guess that Ring Blink and such like has a market, when they work they do work well, the Ring doorbell I had was useless, even on WiFi. One of my engineers has one and says it great, though when Ive been with him when it rains he get millions of notifications. I have a decent CCTV setup at home that notifies me when someone is in my garden, or at my front door. I dont get false activations when it rains or when there is a cat in the garden, so I am more likely to look at my phone when I do get an activation, unlike my engineer that ignores activations from his Ring most of the time 

Like the current advert. Spoke to a chap on site that had a ring camera going nuts on his phone, then my hkc went off, I had to stop mid chat as I wanted to see what it was. Found it was an amazon delivery. Chap said his did the same but it goes off all the time I normally have it on silent, he did add it was cheap tho

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

5 hours ago, james.wilson said:

Like the current advert. Spoke to a chap on site that had a ring camera going nuts on his phone, then my hkc went off, I had to stop mid chat as I wanted to see what it was. Found it was an amazon delivery. Chap said his did the same but it goes off all the time I normally have it on silent, he did add it was cheap tho

You have camera cam pit outside? On tech Zone?

1 minute ago, scrimshanker said:

ring recently updated their motion system and now you can set custom areas as you can on any cctv system and yes before you did get more alerts when it rained but now that's been resolved.

so what's everyones view on AJAX alarms? they are greed but still consumer 'ish!

Don't be silly , they till have same issue , I seen it on latest version

Ajax washing powder no?

9 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

well they haven't set it up properly!

Ajax is better as washing powder

Just another company joining hundreds of others on the market , the system has to many flaws 

But for diy and people like you , would try it , cos it's cheap or some other reason like you don't have clue? 

Reality not even worth mention if you have any idea about security 

12 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

well they haven't set it up properly!

Yes it's a door bell .

• Like 1

Jesus, your English is awful! 

And why would you think I don't know anything? I don't have much exposure on the lower end security market you seem to occupy but that doesn't mean I have no idea!

AJAX isn't cheap either, orison and texecom are cheaper and what you would consider a traditional system. What are the issues with AJAX, easy to slate something you've never assessed yourself!

• Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

maybe its his 2nd language ?

could be dyslexic ?

or might be thick northern monkey like I ?

58 minutes ago, scrimshanker said:

so what's everyones view on AJAX alarms? they are greed but still consumer 'ish!

great ??

are you foreign,  got a learning disorder or lucky enough to live in Yorkshire ?

Mr? Veritas God

Cursed by a Apple Mac spell checker that thinks it knows best

Should read they are graded, grade 2 I believe

If your English is poor, maybe you shouldn't slate people, but that's what this forum is all about I guess. Not genuine discussion.

Edited by scrimshanker
  • Downvote 1

It would be best to keep "discussions" on topic, however this thread has started to go rogue already...

AJAX more expensive DIY tat with a posh website and consumer marketing waffle. People will buy anything if its got a shiny app for it.

Only PSU or external standby battery options, meaning your relying on a hidden nokia sized lithium battery in a power cut seems "secure"

The motion detection on blink is awful. False alarms and misses events. I only got one to compare it to my proper 'granted' wired cctv

I don't like motion detection unless using detectors

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

4 hours ago, scrimshanker said:

And why would you think I don't know anything? I don't have much exposure on the lower end security market you seem to occupy but that doesn't mean I have no idea!

AJAX isn't cheap either, orison and texecom are cheaper and what you would consider a traditional system. What are the issues with AJAX, easy to slate something you've never assessed yourself!

could be dyslexic ?

plus I can't be bothered with comas grammar and all that stuff 

brexit I can spell tho

4 hours ago, scrimshanker said:

No need to assess the misleading reviews are on internet , aswell as the real ones 

You are a joker seriously lol

3 hours ago, scrimshanker said:

Cursed by a Apple Mac spell checker that thinks it knows best

Should read they are graded, grade 2 I believe

If your English is poor, maybe you shouldn't slate people, but that's what this forum is all about I guess. Not genuine discussion.

Dude your statements are getting worse 

Graded by who? You actually read all the chinglish online or just making this up as you go along ?

Just admit your fitting ring , and have now tried Ajax as a trader if you want to call it that 

Come on dude ? Geezer? Admit it

• Upvote 1