Security Installer Community

Does anyone know their way around a Zettler MZX-125 fire panel.

5 hours ago, PeteGBR said:

I still need to access this fire panel that I'm not familiar with.

****** (massive self edit).

Please help me. XOXO

Can't the company you work for help you? I assume they took the contract as a hit and hope 

Or your blagging it like others come here and do? (No offence)

23 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Can't the company you work for help you? I assume they took the contract as a hit and hope 

Or your blagging it like others come here and do? (No offence)

You could say I got stitched up by one of our sales guys to take over a bunch of stuff that I'm not familiar with.

Besides - Why would I come to this site if I knew everything about every security product on the planet?

I've been in this game since I was 24, thats 30 years. Everything I knew back then is obsolete, everything 5 years ago is obsolete. I need to learn new stuff all the time else my brain will atrophy and my worth to my boss will diminish.

Sigh..

I just got all excited that someone has replied and find it's just a Troll. 

31 minutes ago, PeteGBR said:

You could say I got stitched up by one of our sales guys to take over a bunch of stuff that I'm not familiar with.

Besides - Why would I come to this site if I knew everything about every security product on the planet?

I've been in this game since I was 24, thats 30 years. Everything I knew back then is obsolete, everything 5 years ago is obsolete. I need to learn new stuff all the time else my brain will atrophy and my worth to my boss will diminish.

Sigh..

I just got all excited that someone has replied and find it's just a Troll. 

Lol your joker 

Stitched by sales good luck, great company sounds like with plenty of in-house knowledge , top tip submit to ADT?

Btw educate yourself on what a troll is 

Sorry don't get excited, I don't recall working on one either, but just a word of caution I suppose.

You have to consider it's a life safety system, its one thing fumbling though programming on intruder worst case in most instances if something was wrong would be a fail to operate and possibly damage or stolen items, not advised but it's not life.

It depends on if you are just providing operational checks or if your expected to repair faults and re-commissioning, you would only need Level 2 access for the former.

I know you didn't put yourself in this position when sales want to takeover any old tat but it is worth mentioning to them it's kit that none of the engineers know how to use properly, if something needs adjusting.

Your right not everyone knows everything about every piece of kit but this is why companies have a list of preferred kit, try to stick to it and train there engineers on it. Leaves less to go wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, PeteGBR said:

I've been in this game since I was 24, thats 30 years

old bastard....

9 hours ago, PeteGBR said:

Everything I knew back then is obsolete, everything 5 years ago is obsolete.

nah, it pretty much the same shit / principles as its always been...

+ a few resistors & a wanky app's ?

• Like 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

I shall definitely not stop the alarm functioning in any way whatsoever. I just want to one man test the fire alarm and if it can tell me contamination status of the detectors.

The thing has been maintained by the professionals up to the last visit 8 weeks ago. Both fire batteries failed on my tester. One of the intruder batteries was dried up and the other 7ah tested 0.8Ah.

I found out 4 intruder detectors not programmed on and maybe not connected and a door contact not working at all even though an engineer said they fixed it.

So I'm really doubting the fire alarm install. Trouble is at the present time I'll have to resort to the noisy method test.

• Downvote 1