Security Installer Community

Does anyone know their way around a Zettler MZX-125 fire panel.

Tomorrow I have been instructed to take over one of these things in Streatham. It was almost certainly installed by ADT.

I'm not familiar with this panel. Kentec, Notifier and Ctec I'm ok with.

Managed to find a manual for the beast online and thumbing through it there is mention of codes to access through the menus - But no mention of whatever the default of these codes are.

I will need to at least do some sort of walk test.

Does anyone know what I will come up against? I dont want to look sad just standing in front of the panel for an hour and afterwards saying; "we should rip it out and replace it"..

Oh - I'm new here. So I have absolutely no idea where to post this.

Hi Pete

You may be better off applying for trade as we dont allow posting of codes and manuals on the public side for obvious reasons. There are also a fair few 'trade area only' members that dont even see the public side of tsi.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

On 29/10/2020 at 09:35, james.wilson said:

Oh, lol

Did you send all the info required or just apply? 

I sent a pdf of my 'dodgy' cheap laminated ID badge to the place where I think I should apply.

Do I really have to send a picture of my dick to  Peter James? 

Is that some sort of hazing thing?

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, PeteGBR said:

I still need to access this fire panel that I'm not familiar with.

****** (massive self edit).

Please help me. XOXO

Can't the company you work for help you? I assume they took the contract as a hit and hope 

Or your blagging it like others come here and do? (No offence)

23 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Can't the company you work for help you? I assume they took the contract as a hit and hope 

Or your blagging it like others come here and do? (No offence)

You could say I got stitched up by one of our sales guys to take over a bunch of stuff that I'm not familiar with.

Besides - Why would I come to this site if I knew everything about every security product on the planet?

I've been in this game since I was 24, thats 30 years. Everything I knew back then is obsolete, everything 5 years ago is obsolete. I need to learn new stuff all the time else my brain will atrophy and my worth to my boss will diminish.

Sigh..

I just got all excited that someone has replied and find it's just a Troll. 

31 minutes ago, PeteGBR said:

You could say I got stitched up by one of our sales guys to take over a bunch of stuff that I'm not familiar with.

Besides - Why would I come to this site if I knew everything about every security product on the planet?

I've been in this game since I was 24, thats 30 years. Everything I knew back then is obsolete, everything 5 years ago is obsolete. I need to learn new stuff all the time else my brain will atrophy and my worth to my boss will diminish.

Sigh..

I just got all excited that someone has replied and find it's just a Troll. 

Lol your joker 

Stitched by sales good luck, great company sounds like with plenty of in-house knowledge , top tip submit to ADT?

Btw educate yourself on what a troll is 

Sorry don't get excited, I don't recall working on one either, but just a word of caution I suppose.

You have to consider it's a life safety system, its one thing fumbling though programming on intruder worst case in most instances if something was wrong would be a fail to operate and possibly damage or stolen items, not advised but it's not life.

It depends on if you are just providing operational checks or if your expected to repair faults and re-commissioning, you would only need Level 2 access for the former.

I know you didn't put yourself in this position when sales want to takeover any old tat but it is worth mentioning to them it's kit that none of the engineers know how to use properly, if something needs adjusting.

Your right not everyone knows everything about every piece of kit but this is why companies have a list of preferred kit, try to stick to it and train there engineers on it. Leaves less to go wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, PeteGBR said:

I've been in this game since I was 24, thats 30 years

old bastard....

9 hours ago, PeteGBR said:

Everything I knew back then is obsolete, everything 5 years ago is obsolete.

nah, it pretty much the same shit / principles as its always been...

+ a few resistors & a wanky app's ?

• Like 1

Mr? Veritas God

I shall definitely not stop the alarm functioning in any way whatsoever. I just want to one man test the fire alarm and if it can tell me contamination status of the detectors.

The thing has been maintained by the professionals up to the last visit 8 weeks ago. Both fire batteries failed on my tester. One of the intruder batteries was dried up and the other 7ah tested 0.8Ah.

I found out 4 intruder detectors not programmed on and maybe not connected and a door contact not working at all even though an engineer said they fixed it.

So I'm really doubting the fire alarm install. Trouble is at the present time I'll have to resort to the noisy method test.

• Downvote 1

On 11/11/2020 at 08:18, al-yeti said:

Btw educate yourself on what a troll is 

Regarding trolling.

Harass, criticize, or antagonize (someone) especially by provocatively disparaging or mocking public statements, postings, or acts.

So.: "Btw educate yourself on what a troll is". That is sarcasm. 

Should I go through all of your 8069 posts and see how many times you have trolled and how many times you gave any practical advice.

I imagine the latter will come out at about 2%...

I didn't fact check my comment so consider it banter.

I apologise if that offended you.

6 minutes ago, PeteGBR said:

Regarding trolling.

Harass, criticize, or antagonize (someone) especially by provocatively disparaging or mocking public statements, postings, or acts.

So.: "Btw educate yourself on what a troll is". That is sarcasm. 

Should I go through all of your 8069 posts and see how many times you have trolled and how many times you gave any practical advice.

I imagine the latter will come out at about 2%...

I didn't fact check my comment so consider it banter.

I apologise if that offended you.

Forum banter

Once your here long enuf you will know the difference, so now you have definitions, you will be able to work it out

Got a subbie yet? Or still going for gold?

Just now, al-yeti said:

Got a subbie yet? Or still going for gold?

I'm on 2 weeks holiday. So maybe someone else will be handed that hot potato. (It will be my first job when I return for sure).

I am at this moment renewing the voltage regulator and electrolytic capacitors on an old issue_i V2.1 Castle meridian panel which is for a PJ I have lined up this week. Replacing an old issue_G V1.1 which has a failed processor. 

I am not sure if the NVM can be swapped between these units. But I'll need to program it up before I go.  I just want to throw it, in grab the cash and run.

Working on the bench is preferable on a cold day like today - Better than working in the field with all that driving, small talk and lousy tea.

Am I really doing this on my down time ????