Security Installer Community

How do I get this to work?

Henrik

Ok guys, got everything up and running just fine.

i do however have an slight issue.

when I took the alarm down I most have missed one PIR hanging on the wall (address 1002).

how do I go about entering the engineer code to be able to delete the address 1002?
And is the engineering code always the same or is it changeable by the company who first installed the system in my old shop?

thanks in advance,

Henrik.

55 minutes ago, Henrik said:

when I took the alarm down I most have missed one PIR hanging on the wall (address 1002).

how do I go about entering the engineer code to be able to delete the address 1002?
And is the engineering code always the same or is it changeable by the company who first installed the system in my old shop?

thanks in advance,

Henrik.

You need to mark zone 1002 as spare which i believe is option 52 on galaxy 

On 24/10/2020 at 21:16, PeterJames said:

okay a higher chance then

Still doubt it  the monkeys still haven't had thier bananas 

Edited by Imnotshankled

3 hours ago, james.wilson said:

No you just enter the engineer code from day

Thought it has to be enabled ?

19 hours ago, Henrik said:

thanks in advance,

Henrik.

While your stuck get a resistor and put it across 1k and it should stop it from throwing the error until you work something out 

12 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

good point it does, for some reason i thought it was a classic

Classis is me lol

So enable in menu 48 , and then enter engineer code

But OP more than likely you don't have it so try the resistor and then you might be lucky if it's all user reset 

3 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Classis is me lol

So enable in menu 48 , and then enter engineer code

But OP more than likely you don't have it so try the resistor and then you might be lucky if it's all user reset 

Did put a 1K between 1002 and 0V but still getting the +SAB fault code on 1002 and did nothing, also got the same code on 1003 but I got all the cables in the right places gonna try a Wago clip just to see if its the cables that's not connected properly.

No one out there that could help me via PM on how to reset this system of mine?

49 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Did put a 1K between 1002 and 0V but still getting the +SAB fault code on 1002 and did nothing, also got the same code on 1003 but I got all the cables in the right places gonna try a Wago clip just to see if its the cables that's not connected properly.

You got a picture of where you put resister?

50 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Must mean zone 2 was being used as a sab tamper maybe? 

But earlier you said it was a PIR 

So when you say you get +sab and 1002 are you sure these are not separate faults and your not confusing matters

I will attach a short movie on what the display says and a pic on how it looked before I took the old cables away.

I put the 1k resistor between 1002 and 0V to the left of 1002.

On the film it says (in Swedish):

1003 +SAB.Open circuit IR store floor

1002 +SAB.Short circuit IR store office

Not beging an alarm technician guy I just guess that 1001 (that's a door magnet) would have 1=white and 0V=Blue and the 1002 that's an PIR would be connected with 2=purple 0V=green and blue and then the white to 12V on pin 7.

IMG_3034.JPG

9 minutes ago, Henrik said:

I will attach a short movie on what the display says and a pic on how it looked before I took the old cables away.

I put the 1k resistor between 1002 and 0V to the left of 1002.

On the film it says (in Swedish):

1003 +SAB.Open circuit IR store floor

1002 +SAB.Short circuit IR store office

Not beging an alarm technician guy I just guess that 1001 (that's a door magnet) would have 1=white and 0V=Blue and the 1002 that's an PIR would be connected with 2=purple 0V=green and blue and then the white to 12V on pin 7.

IMG_3034.JPG

IMG_1265.MOV

Going to basics 

If your remove the wiring and put a resistor in the correct place it should clear any fault that is present there 

On 28/10/2020 at 18:10, Henrik said:

thanks in advance,

Henrik.

Another thing , show a picture of how one of your pirs is working , how is it wired and what resistors are inside it 

This will help you why your not able to clear the fault on z2& z3

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

In your picture above zone 3 shows the wiring sheath isn't removed and can be a problem , did you correct that?

the picture above is the old wiring, and the film showing the new. Where would I place the resistor then to place it in the right place. :0)

24 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Here is a pic how I wired PIR 1003 up.

Blue= Ground,

Orange= 12V

Brown= alarm

Green= tamper

IMG_5955 2.JPG

What values are the resistors? As you used the tamper one to put on the panel

All I am saying if you can't clear the fault with a simple resistance, then your eol must be set different to what your putting in and it doesn't matter what sensor or cable your using , all of no consequence 

What happens if you move a sensor from further up to zone two or three , it should clear the fault and send the fault to other Rio output 

The resistors are Brown.brown.black.black.brown

110 ohms +/- 1%

moved 1003 to 4 and 1004 to 3 and that cleared the problem on +SAB 1003.

still got the problem on 1002 that supposed to be a PIR but still sits on the wall in my old shop.

Just now, Henrik said:

The resistors are Brown.brown.black.black.brown

110 ohms +/- 1%

moved 1003 to 4 and 1004 to 3 and that cleared the problem on +SAB 1003.

still got the problem on 1002 that supposed to be a PIR but still sits on the wall in my old shop.

Can't be 110 needs to be 1k I thought 

Unless your saying all the zones set up that way