Security Installer Community

How do I get this to work?

Henrik

Hello everyone.

I'm wondering if there is anyone that could point me in the right direction on how to wire my alarm system up.

I'll tell you what I have and what i want to re-install. (it will be a few things less than the original setup)

Long story short, i use to own a plumber shop and recently closed it down. However, i did manage to pay of the alarmsystem and took it with me.

I now wish to install this at home (250sqm house) but in the heat of moving out from the shop premises I never marked the cables up befor cutting them.

The things I have today (and had installed in the shop is:

1 x Main unit Honeywell FX100 C007-L-SD V3.19 (with the A081-00-SD GSM board and LAN module on the left hand side)

1 x Keypad CP051-30-01

1 x Rio C078

2 x Sirens B-503-0010 (marked 1021 & 1022)

2 x Smoke detectors Aritech DP721RT (marked 1017 & 1018)

5 x PIR Interlogix DDV1016AM (marked 1003, 1004, 1011, 1015 & 1016)

3 x Doorsensors/ magnets Alarmtech B-582-0013 (marked 1001, 1002 & 1004)

1 x Camera Axis M1145-L

1 x Axis companion switch 4CH, 5801-351-01

I could really need some help on wiring all these components in to the Rio and the main unit.

Should i have a CAT5 cable pulled all the way from the router down to the main unit to the LAN module for the camera or from the camera straight to the router, or one cable from the router to the switch and from the switch to the main unit?

What should go through the Rio and what should go straight to the main unit? And most important what cable goes where?

I have all the cables and will pull it all this weekend but it would be great to get some help with the wiring to get it started.

How do I change the phone number i the alarm system, that the alarm calls in an event?

Is there an app I can use to check the camera and admin the alarm remotely?

Would really appreciate any help towards getting my old/new alarm system up and running.

kind regards,

Henrik from Sweden.

3 hours ago, Amps said:

Put your hand in your pocket and purchase a Pyronix Enforcer wireless  kit. Save you lots of hassle and well worth the ££. 

Not sure id agree on the enforcer bit but its the right idea if you have no clues on what to do, wireless is ideal for DIY 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Henrik said:

Hello everyone.

I'm wondering if there is anyone that could point me in the right direction on how to wire my alarm system up.

I'll tell you what I have and what i want to re-install. (it will be a few things less than the original setup)

Long story short, i use to own a plumber shop and recently closed it down. However, i did manage to pay of the alarmsystem and took it with me.

I now wish to install this at home (250sqm house) but in the heat of moving out from the shop premises I never marked the cables up befor cutting them.

The things I have today (and had installed in the shop is:

1 x Main unit Honeywell FX100 C007-L-SD V3.19 (with the A081-00-SD GSM board and LAN module on the left hand side)

1 x Keypad CP051-30-01

1 x Rio C078

2 x Sirens B-503-0010 (marked 1021 & 1022)

2 x Smoke detectors Aritech DP721RT (marked 1017 & 1018)

5 x PIR Interlogix DDV1016AM (marked 1003, 1004, 1011, 1015 & 1016)

3 x Doorsensors/ magnets Alarmtech B-582-0013 (marked 1001, 1002 & 1004)

1 x Camera Axis M1145-L

1 x Axis companion switch 4CH, 5801-351-01

I could really need some help on wiring all these components in to the Rio and the main unit.

Should i have a CAT5 cable pulled all the way from the router down to the main unit to the LAN module for the camera or from the camera straight to the router, or one cable from the router to the switch and from the switch to the main unit?

What should go through the Rio and what should go straight to the main unit? And most important what cable goes where?

I have all the cables and will pull it all this weekend but it would be great to get some help with the wiring to get it started.

How do I change the phone number i the alarm system, that the alarm calls in an event?

Is there an app I can use to check the camera and admin the alarm remotely?

Would really appreciate any help towards getting my old/new alarm system up and running.

kind regards,

Henrik from Sweden.

Leave coms til last , mount your panel and keypad , c078 , and the coms boards should already be mounted hopefully

Switch on and see what faults you get, work through one by one 

10 hours ago, Amps said:

Put your hand in your pocket and purchase a Pyronix Enforcer wireless  kit. Save you lots of hassle and well worth the ££. 

Unfortunately I’m not aloud to have a wireless alarm system due to having a goldsmith studio in the basement. My insurance company demand a wired alarm system. 

22 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Unfortunately I’m not aloud to have a wireless alarm system due to having a goldsmith studio in the basement. My insurance company demand a wired alarm system. 

Insurance? So they don't mind you DIY installing not know what your doing ?

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Leave coms til last , mount your panel and keypad , c078 , and the coms boards should already be mounted hopefully

Switch on and see what faults you get, work through one by one 

You see that’s the problem, what should go through the C078 and what goes straight to the box? Should I have the keypad go in on 12V 0V A B on the right hand side? And what should I have going to OP2? I’ll post some pictures on how it look after I cut the cables. Maybe someone would be able to say what equipment been connected to what port. 

48580666-A16E-4436-8078-F0275F549D60.jpeg

398C3F3D-2A20-4474-B5EE-80160AE38AD9.jpeg

27A988A3-D448-44AF-98B8-8CA3ACF648BC.jpeg

BF78FACC-3756-4AFF-82A6-6820C9F41251.jpeg

5C964648-C665-4735-B454-BFC200842D32.jpeg

2 hours ago, Henrik said:

I would be double checking what your policy says if I were you, I think it highly unlikely that an insurance company would accept anything less than a system installed by an accredited company with at least dual-path grade 3 monitoring. I would expect that a goldsmith studio will hold theft attractive stock and property, and I would expect the value of the contents to be in the thousands not the hundreds. Does your policy mention Police response?  Just trying to save you a whole lot of heartache 

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

I would be double checking what your policy says if I were you, I think it highly unlikely that an insurance company would accept anything less than a system installed by an accredited company with at least dual-path grade 3 monitoring. I would expect that a goldsmith studio will hold theft attractive stock and property, and I would expect the value of the contents to be in the thousands not the hundreds. Does your policy mention Police response?  Just trying to save you a whole lot of heartache 

I have checked with the insurance company and as long as I can prove the system works and with video recording in the event of an break in it ok. I do not have to have police or security company response for the insurance. Absolutely true about the money, it’s well over 10s of thousand in storage.

2 minutes ago, Henrik said:

I have checked with the insurance company and as long as I can prove the system works and with video recording in the event of an break in it ok. I do not have to have police or security company response for the insurance. Absolutely true about the money, it’s well over 10s of thousand in storage.

Wouldn't happen in the UK, insurers like to cover their bets here

16 minutes ago, Henrik said:

But enough about my insurance.

is there anyone that could help me a bit with the wiring of this system?

if this was your system how would you hook it up (with all the marks on the equipment mentioned).

But we already told you where to start?

Are you basically saying you don't have a clue how to find the manual to atleast wire the keypad to the control panel

If you can't get that bit done , I would forget Bout this .....

22 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

But we already told you where to start?

Are you basically saying you don't have a clue how to find the manual to atleast wire the keypad to the control panel

If you can't get that bit done , I would forget Bout this .....

Not at all, I’ll get it done.

thanks for all the good advices.

All I thought was since all you guys are obviously knowing what you doing with in low voltage security system you could give me some heads up in regards to the difference EOL resistors that’s already fitted to the system since it’s been installed ones before and I guessed the way of installing this system was pretty much the same all over the world since you all use the same numbers and markings.

Im not a alarm system installer but if this was something that i knew I would sort of recognise the setup from what I saw in the pictures, just saying.

But I’ll start all over again and figure it out.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe in this Corona times.

If you want to be a DIY alarm man, put the controls on bench, link anything out & default it

Once you have control of it & can get it fault free into day

start adding detection circuits  & learn how it works then try fitting it on the wall

Mr? Veritas God