Security Installer Community

Hello, (my Introduction)

PeteGBR

I worked at CGS fixing Tv's and other electronic tat on the bench when I was 19.

Moved into CCTV when I was 24. Worked at Melford, CCTV Warehouse and Norbain. Then decided to join an alarm installation company for a while to experience what you guys kept moaning to me about when the tech support couldn't help you.

Now I'm old. Still at an installation company. The work is quite a dull technical field and the interesting problems always throw themselves at you at 4pm on a Friday when you're 3 hours from home, it's raining and Tech support guy at **** is avoiding to answer his phone 'cos he wants to go home too.

So I think I may need your crowd help sometimes.

Amazon, Google and all, are bringing in products that will soon throw the table of the industry upside down. So at some point maybe I shall start a business repairing drones or something.

But for now I shall carry on servicing and installing because I love meeting new people.

Oh BTW I know old stuff Risco, Texecom , Scantronic, JSB, Ademco, ADE and loads of others.

* My brain isn't so good with new product as It's 1960's technology - The processor is getting glitchy, the filing system is messed up and I ran out of memory 10 years ago *.

Fighting!

Pete x

12 minutes ago, PeteGBR said:

I worked at CGS fixing Tv's and other electronic tat on the bench when I was 19.

Moved into CCTV when I was 24. Worked at Melford, CCTV Warehouse and Norbain. Then decided to join an alarm installation company for a while to experience what you guys kept moaning to me about when the tech support couldn't help you.

Now I'm old. Still at an installation company. The work is quite a dull technical field and the interesting problems always throw themselves at you at 4pm on a Friday when you're 3 hours from home, it's raining and Tech support guy at **** is avoiding to answer his phone 'cos he wants to go home too.

So I think I may need your crowd help sometimes.

Amazon, Google and all, are bringing in products that will soon throw the table of the industry upside down. So at some point maybe I shall start a business repairing drones or something.

But for now I shall carry on servicing and installing because I love meeting new people.

Oh BTW I know old stuff Risco, Texecom , Scantronic, JSB, Ademco, ADE and loads of others.

* My brain isn't so good with new product as It's 1960's technology - The processor is getting glitchy, the filing system is messed up and I ran out of memory 10 years ago *.

Fighting!

Pete x

Welcome

As long as Amazon and Google don't tie up, it will be a nice mess for a long time lol

Welcome to the world of alarm monkey misfits I am sure you'll be right at home.

20 minutes ago, PeteGBR said:

My brain isn't so good with new product as It's 1960's technology - The processor is getting glitchy, the filing system is messed up and I ran out of memory 10 years ago

Have you tried switching it off and on again?

2 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Welcome to the world of alarm monkey misfits I am sure you'll be right at home.

Have you tried switching it off and on again?

Deliberate flatlining isn't to be encouraged 

Welcome btw. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.