Security Installer Community

Problem with Texecom Smartcom

Hi 

I recently purchased a Texecom 64-W wireless kit Version 5 and a Smartcom module for APP connection. The problem I am having is that when I try to generate an APP code by "Enable Texecom Connect APP" for an APP passcode to be generated, it eventually comes back with "NO CARRIER" meaning no access to the Cloud.  I have Virgin media business broadband at home as it's where  I run my business from and according to Texecom tech support, Websafe has to be disabled to allow access for the Smartcom to the Cloud. I was told to get the client to log into their Virgin Media account online and to disable Websafe.

Has anybody come across this before connecting via Virgin Media.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Only way is to try it

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-use-websafe

Also possible you could change the DNS setting on the smart com if it let's you to 8.8.8.8 the usual lol and see if that helps , I didn't know your panel well so not sure what settings are available

4 minutes ago, Angel2003 said:

Thanks guys for your replies 

Why can't it just be straight forward like Visonic and Pyronix for crying out loud.  WHAT IS IT ABOUT TEXECOM 

Because reality even though it's "meh" texecon isn't DIY friendly

DEFINATELY NOT DIY, RIGHT ABOUT THAT. DONT EXPECT IT TO BE 

Never had issues with other manufacturers equipment in regards to websafe ****

Just Texecom. 

Been in the game since 1988. Getting a bit inpatient in me old age. Did use texecom near enough everyday when hardwired systems were the only way to get things done. 

Hope to get my head round it sooner or later before having a stroke.

Gotta go commission one this morning. Customers gor a Plusnet router, so hopefully should be out of there within an hour

2 hours ago, Tony Christophis said:

Been in the game since 1988.

unlucky..... 

If its new install set your smartcom up to provide a freecloud a/c at home / work

then your taken a proven set up on site 

( I find a lot of time is wasted messing around with apps, routers  ect... for little of no income) 

Mr? Veritas God

• 4 weeks later...

I am an installer with over 200 Texecom Smartcom’s on clients premises. There is a major problem with Virgin broadband particularly over the last few weeks when they updated their systems to block unknown inbound traffic over their connections.  It is affecting all manufacturers not just Texecom.

we have about 12 clients with Virgin Hub 3 who have lost connectivity in the last few weeks.  We have sorted some by adding all the Texecom server addresses onto clients ‘white lists’ but as soon as virgin do an update (which they seem to do weekly) the white lists are erased.   We (and Texecom) are pulling their hair out.  Clients will still receive notifications but not able to remotely arm systems etc as the inbound traffic into the SmartCom is blocked by Virgin.   Pyronix and Orisec also having same issue!!!!!

This is the issue with providing services you have to maintain on kit you have no control over. Mostly hassle and wasted time going round in circles.

As I said in a post above this could happen to any service if you have some remotely managed firewall like this, it would only take the ISP to push a firmware update and other brands of ISP provided router tat could do this.

We are providing server type services when fitting things like this, as much as they try to hide it behind a user friendly plug and play interface. The most stable solution is using your own router that you can support.

43 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

f*cked over by virgin... that's a touch ironic ?

Seriously no other cable.modem will work? But that's there issue even in old days , to stop people just connecting everything is split on coax so you have to have there box 

I would say it's a smartcom poor design issue , not being able to find pin holes correctly makes nonsense 

But this is standard for texe on the coms side of there own equipment

12 hours ago, Bill Brown said:

I am an installer with over 200 Texecom Smartcom’s on clients premises. There is a major problem with Virgin broadband particularly over the last few weeks when they updated their systems to block unknown inbound traffic over their connections.  It is affecting all manufacturers not just Texecom.

Hmm I have a webway and HKC on my virgin BB here never had a problem, plenty of customers on virgin too with no reported problems. Where abouts in the country are you?

35 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Hmm I have a webway and HKC on my virgin BB here never had a problem, plenty of customers on virgin too with no reported problems. Where abouts in the country are you?

It's a texe problem dude , how many times you here of panels having problems 

Yea you got swb who can sort problems out probably easier than most but the texe products for general coms are not well made hence there firmware updates 

Sounds good lol

3 hours ago, al-yeti said:

It's a texe problem dude , how many times you here of panels having problems 

Yea you got swb who can sort problems out probably easier than most but the texe products for general coms are not well made hence there firmware updates 

Sounds good lol

I guessed it probably was, but because the poster said it was a virgin problem I was slightly worried as I have quite a lot of customers on virgin