Security Installer Community

Multiple impaq wiring

sparks75

First post so hoping you can help out. I’m swapping out an old Honeywell alarm with an elite 24. The alarm has 9 shock sensors among other sensors. The shocks have been daisy chain wired in a group of 5 and a group of 4 using 6 core cable. My intention is to spilt the 5 into a group off 3 on one zone and 2 on the other and likewise for the group of 4. I have taken blue out of the zone terminal and connected to EOL carried the yellow through to the 2nd sensor and connected to EOL and then linked the remaining 2 EOL terminals See diagram. I have selected 4k7 on the first impaq for Alarm and 4K7 Alarm and 2K2 tamper on the second impaq with this configuration the zone shows tamper? I have the zone programmed in wintex as EOL. Any ideas or i am I missing something? TIA

76A36B45-C252-49D8-A0BB-5487E80ECEC4.jpeg

It's really not ideal to have multiple devices on one zone you have no idea which has triggered. Do you have a latch line or some way to identify the triggered device?

If required the maximum EOL devices supported on one zone is 3 and you would wire only shunt resistors (4k7) in intermediate devices and usual shunt and EOL in the last.

With devices that have built in resistors not all of them support this type of unusual multi device setup either so you'd have to work around this.

Thanks. Yes agreed about more than one device buts its has been wired that way and running more cables is not an option although most of the devices are 2 on one large window so at least the zone can be pinpointed and isolated if necessary without affecting other rooms.. That s my fear that the texecom impaqs d not support this configuration and i cant seem  to find anything online. Also looking at the wiring for the imapq it doesn't look like you can wire them as NC so I'm a bit stuck on a way round this. Any ideas? Thanks

40 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Can't he fit different shocks , texe doesn't do no data devices or id?

I believe the iD expander is still supported but not manufactured ?

However he stated his shocks only have EOL wiring...

Mr? Veritas God

3 hours ago, MrHappy said:

what was the old controls ?

where the shock sensors in place or are you attempting to / have fitted the impaqs ?

Old accenta panel with viper sensors which some were broken when windows were changed so decide to swap them all out. Didn't realise the new impaq only have EOL connections and not a pair for alarm and a pair for tamper. i would much rather fit my own resistors and the dip switches are tiny! So already purchased and fitted but showing Tamper faults.

2 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I believe the iD expander is still supported but not manufactured ?

However he stated his shocks only have EOL wiring...

Yep might be the easier thing just to buy 9 new shocks if there is not a way round this?

31 minutes ago, sparks75 said:

Thanks for your replies so far. I thought it was me missing something but looks like it could be a problem. Probably should check before buying! I will ring texecom tomorrow and let you know if there is a solution . FYI @sixwheeledbeastPicture attached of the new impaq terminal layout,.

C0CDC0A8-7F58-4386-A85B-65AF8B9B221D.png

one device per zone....

Mr? Veritas God

As above it should be one sensor per input. The old old regs allowed 10 per circuit if latching but that was a hangover from the 70s. I'm a big believer of if you can get a wire to it you should but 10 devices on a wire is worse. If you can't use some form of Id then I'd suggest wireless is better in this case. You could use addressable with hkc and keep the single sensor per point etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

8 hours ago, james.wilson said:

As above it should be one sensor per input. The old old regs allowed 10 per circuit if latching but that was a hangover from the 70s. I'm a big believer of if you can get a wire to it you should but 10 devices on a wire is worse. If you can't use some form of Id then I'd suggest wireless is better in this case. You could use addressable with hkc and keep the single sensor per point etc

Or texe do the mesh? And use wires for something else?

Never mind graded, I wouldn't recommend it at all! These thresholds are there to reduce false alarms not to abuse with more devices.

Also if that theory is correct you will have to use strictly 4 devices, as 1 or 2 devices certainly wouldn't go Active when required.

Add to that' no tamper or fault detection on anything beyond the first device and it's not an option that's fit for purpose.

1 hour ago, sparks75 said:

I had a reply form another forum which resolved my problem without having to change the sensors. I have attached a picture in the hope it might help someone else out. This configuration will not adhere to a graded alarm

7FCF9C7D-83C9-4B74-88A9-CC500333E60F.jpeg

You done it then?