Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9751/9752 Programming

pmmunro

I would like to ask some questions relating to the Scantronic 9751/9752 please.

Part of my electrical maintenance responsibilities is an intruder alarm system based on a Scantronic 9751 control board with hard-wired (9954) and RF (RFX08) expanders. The building, a church hall, is used by up to 40 keyholders all of whom are issued with proximity tags.

I have a 9752 control board which I would like to use instead of the 9751 in order to have the ability to program and monitor the system using a laptop PC. I am registered with Cooper Security's "Touchpoint" and have been given a link to download the "Downloader" software but it's been made clear that the 9752 is now considered "out of support" despite still being on sale (possibly old stock?). The support from Cooper is therefore a bit unenthusiastic.

The Downloader software asks for a password before it will open. Does anyone know the nature of this password please - is it an initial default password or something I need to request?

The Engineer's Programming and Installation Manual I am using states that is is for software version 5. Is the software downloadable to the 9752 from a file on a laptop pc, or is it in fact firmware stored in the square plug-in IC on the board?

The 9751 IC is labelled "9751EN V5.00.13 CS=04F7B57A" and the one on the 9752 board "9752EN  V4.03.06 04FB1AB9" which would suggest to me that the 9751 version is considerably later and that they are specific to the board and cannot be intechanged.

Can anyone confirm this please?

Were, or are, these ICs available to buy in order to update the system software and what is their official name?

Tayway

3 hours ago, pmmunro said:

Part of my electrical maintenance responsibilities is an intruder alarm system based on a Scantronic 9751 control board with hard-wired (9954) and RF (RFX08) expanders.

The building, a church hall, is used by up to 40 keyholders all of whom are issued with proximity tags.

appoint a competent sub contractor....

3 hours ago, pmmunro said:

The Downloader software asks for a password before it will open. Does anyone know the nature of this password please - is it an initial default password or something I need to request?

cooper /cooper (page 8 of book)

• Upvote 2

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

• 1 month later...
On 26/09/2020 at 12:47, pmmunro said:

I would like to ask some questions relating to the Scantronic 9751/9752 please.

Part of my electrical maintenance responsibilities is an intruder alarm system based on a Scantronic 9751 control board with hard-wired (9954) and RF (RFX08) expanders. The building, a church hall, is used by up to 40 keyholders all of whom are issued with proximity tags.

I have a 9752 control board which I would like to use instead of the 9751 in order to have the ability to program and monitor the system using a laptop PC. I am registered with Cooper Security's "Touchpoint" and have been given a link to download the "Downloader" software but it's been made clear that the 9752 is now considered "out of support" despite still being on sale (possibly old stock?). The support from Cooper is therefore a bit unenthusiastic.

The Engineer's Programming and Installation Manual I am using states that is is for software version 5. Is the software downloadable to the 9752 from a file on a laptop pc, or is it in fact firmware stored in the square plug-in IC on the board?

The 9751 IC is labelled "9751EN V5.00.13 CS=04F7B57A" and the one on the 9752 board "9752EN  V4.03.06 04FB1AB9" which would suggest to me that the 9751 version is considerably later and that they are specific to the board and cannot be intechanged.

Can anyone confirm this please?

Were, or are, these ICs available to buy in order to update the system software and what is their official name?

Tayway

Hello Tayway,

has your problem with the software been solved?

I'm actually looking for this software also.

Can you help me with the link for it?

Thanks in advance!

Hans