Security Installer Community

DSC Power 832 / PC5015 v2.81 BG - master & installer codes known, but unit won't accept *8

MJCROSS

Hi all -

OK this relates to one of those old 'British Gas' versions of the DSC 5015 panel, with the 'V2.81 BG' firmware.

I got an engineer out recently to help me default the panel for me and reset the installer and master codes. All fine, and I've been successfully entering/using programming mode via the *8[installer code].

But last week I decided to fully power down the system (AC + battery) while I did some work on the wiring; and now when I try to enter programming mode with '*8' it just does a 3-sec error beep as soon as I hit '8'.

Everything else works fine, so I'm assuming there must be a user command with the master code, in order to enable installer access...? There is no mention of anything like that in the v2.2 installer manual, so I'm presuming it's another customisation by those very nice British Ga$$$ chaps :-)

Any clues please??

39 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

They are very odd panels when you compare them to the UK/EU market, not something a lot of people work on.

System may think it's part set have you tried arming and disarming, clearing any faults and then trying?

Thanks for the reply - yep; tried arm/disarm with master code; view alarm history; view 'troubles'; full system test (requires master code) and even a full power cycle - no dice. Only remaining option at this stage is to default the panel (fortunately I had removed the installer lockout before this episode, thank goodness, and I know the default installer code) but I'm trying to avoid that as I will have to go thru and reset the zone attributes (rolls eyes).

This British Gas firmware build is a right PitA to be honest - I'd prefer it if I could get hold of a vanilla V2.2 EPROM for it...

I didn't want to cross-post, but should I better have asked this in the 'Control Panels' forum ?

Thanks again, <M>

Hi all - many apologies for the cross-posting but I should have posted in this area to start with.

OK this relates to one of those old 'British Gas' versions of the DSC 5015 panel, with the 'V2.81 BG' firmware.

I got an engineer out recently to help me default the panel for me and reset the installer and master codes. All fine, and I've been successfully entering/using programming mode via the *8[installer code].

But last week I decided to fully power down the system (AC + battery) while I did some work on the wiring; and now when I try to enter programming mode with '*8' it just does a 3-sec error beep as soon as I hit '8'.

Everything else works fine, so I'm assuming there must be a user command with the master code, in order to enable installer access...? There is no mention of anything like that in the v2.2 installer manual, so I'm presuming it's another customisation by those very nice British Ga$$$ chaps ?

I've tried set/unset (using master code); view/clear alarms; view/clear trouble; full system test (with master code) and complete power cycle but no dice.

Only other thing I can think of is to hardware default the panel. I know how to do that, I know the BG default installer code, and I've previously removed the installer lockout option... But I don't want to do that if it's going to leave me in the same situation!

Any clues please??

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
I merged this there is not need to post twice we can just move it.

3 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

try & default it,

if doesn't do the business you can bin it & by something less gash ?

Yup - I think I might have to; although (1) it actually works pretty well, although it's frustrating not to be able to get into programming mode any more; and (2) it'd be a right PitA replacing those of the sensors that are wireless

OK I have the answer:

On the later versions of the system software for the PC5051, in order to enable local access to programming mode by an engineer, the user first has to enable DLS using the master code.

So to be specific the user should key: * 6 [MASTER CODE] 5 #

At this point the engineer can enter programming mode via: * 8 [ENGINEER CODE] etc... 

The engineering access expires after a set period (probably 15 mins to an hour) and if there are tampers open the panel will alarm at that point.