Security Installer Community

Visonic PowerMax Complete Panel Issue

anon_uk

Hello all,

Previously I installed the PowerMax Complete with PowerLink2 approx 7yrs ago, and had no issues since... until today

I have some to change the monitoring station today as the previous company seem to have gone out of business, so I have a 7 day trial with a new company. When trying to 

When trying access Installer Mode, the panel won't now recognise any of my User Codes that I 100% know are correct before being able to access the menu to get to Installer Mode. I haven't used the panel via key pad at least for 5-10 months, primarily via remote key fob. So, would not using the panel directly for so long have done something?

Troubleshooting -

Tried default codes in case it reset itself somehow

They keypad recognises that I am entering the 4 digits for code

Remote key fob and also tags still communicate with the panel

I have seen when searching people have mentioned using the 'DEF' pin on the panel, but is this needed for my issue, and would it lose all of the configuration on the system? Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot or fixes?

Many thanks for your help all.

5 minutes ago, anon_uk said:

Hello all,

Previously I installed the PowerMax Complete with PowerLink2 approx 7yrs ago, and had no issues since... until today

I have some to change the monitoring station today as the previous company seem to have gone out of business, so I have a 7 day trial with a new company. When trying to 

When trying access Installer Mode, the panel won't now recognise any of my User Codes that I 100% know are correct before being able to access the menu to get to Installer Mode. I haven't used the panel via key pad at least for 5-10 months, primarily via remote key fob. So, would not using the panel directly for so long have done something?

Troubleshooting -

Tried default codes in case it reset itself somehow

They keypad recognises that I am entering the 4 digits for code

Remote key fob and also tags still communicate with the panel

I have seen when searching people have mentioned using the 'DEF' pin on the panel, but is this needed for my issue, and would it lose all of the configuration on the system? Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot or fixes?

Many thanks for your help all.

I would say more than likely you have forgotten the codes , very common when not used for a while 

Especially as your alarm operates otherwise 

What do you mean trialling another monitoring station? You going with someone direct ? Who? Isn't it cheaper to have installer to do it?

Certain methods on the internet will mess up the whole panel and you will end up with no find working either 

My guess would also be lost code and now the panel is misbehaving as the defaulting the codes procedure has been completed incorrectly.

We don't provide or discuss defaulting information or engineering manuals here as per our guidelines, but really it would be quickest to just default and reprogram than mess about.

15 hours ago, al-yeti said:

I would say more than likely you have forgotten the codes , very common when not used for a while 

Especially as your alarm operates otherwise 

What do you mean trialling another monitoring station? You going with someone direct ? Who? Isn't it cheaper to have installer to do it?

Certain methods on the internet will mess up the whole panel and you will end up with no find working either 

Hi al-yeti,

I understand what you are saying. But I know they are correct, especially one of them was written for the dog walker. So, what other options do I have?

Previously I was with Sapphire Alarms but apparently they no longer exist, so I am having a 7 day trial from this company ##REMOVED##

Thanks

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
no adverts in posts

4 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

My guess would also be lost code and now the panel is misbehaving as the defaulting the codes procedure has been completed incorrectly.

We don't provide or discuss defaulting information or engineering manuals here as per our guidelines, but really it would be quickest to just default and reprogram than mess about.

Understood many thanks, I might see if I can add the USB interface and program that way.

Cheers

11 hours ago, anon_uk said:

Hi al-yeti,

I understand what you are saying. But I know they are correct, especially one of them was written for the dog walker. So, what other options do I have?

Previously I was with Sapphire Alarms but apparently they no longer exist, so I am having a 7 day trial from this company https://www.smart-alarm.co.uk/mobile-monitoring

Thanks

Yes I see that smart thingy , if you can programme give it a go

• 2 weeks later...