Security Installer Community

Alarm Maintenance Contract near Milton Keynes?

Bhavesh

It's not the middle if an insurer can reduce the payout they will. That's why loss adjusters exist. Unfortunately a lot of people assume they have insurance and assume in the never going to happen event that they need to claim they can. Then they look. 

We only look because of what we do

• Upvote 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

With respect Imran he is right, one of my customers insurance company refused to pay out on a burglary because he did not part set his alarm. He had his mother in law staying in one of the ground floor bedrooms for a week at the time it happened. I printed off a months worth of log to prove he had been setting it up until that week, it didn't do any good. If an insurance company can find a good excuse not to pay out they will. Of course the insurance was based on him setting the alarm and part setting the alarm,(he was aware of this requirement) he had a lot of expensive artwork, the burglars nicked his laptop and his BMW his keys were in the kitchen which was their point of entry. If your insurance is based on specific requirements such as an alarm check the small print.   

That's not the point read it again, if the alarm has nothing to do with the insurance , the insurer has to pay

1 hour ago, Andyha said:

No offence taken

But

Not a comment of a great deal of assistance to the original poster

It is a well documented issue - Thank you PeterJames for your post

Speak to the ABI for more examples and for their general advise to their members on what constitutes "using all means available"

It is a fact that if you leave a window open or unlocked or fail to lock your doors it is seen as thus and may affect any payout.

I agree though that it is both policy specific and subject to the claim details and insurance claim assessors due diligence in asking about measures that could have created an insecurity that contributed to a loss

As always with board brush statements on both sides, the reality is often somewhere in the middle.

Specifically about your comment if you have an alarm of sorts and you didn't set it 

Perhaps I misunderstood you 

Meaning an alarm of any type that is not on your insurance has nothing to do with an insurer 

9 hours ago, al-yeti said:

As I said this is not true , they have to pay if it's undeclared alarm

I think we would have to agree to disagree

Note also that the basis of this thread is to help the original poster.

All I am saying is "do be careful"

So you may be right that it is "not true" under certain circumstances, with certain insurers and with certain polices, however the time to find out I am right is not after a claim is refused

So I repeat: "do be careful" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Andyha said:

I think we would have to agree to disagree

Note also that the basis of this thread is to help the original poster.

All I am saying is "do be careful"

So you may be right that it is "not true" under certain circumstances, with certain insurers and with certain polices, however the time to find out I am right is not after a claim is refused

So I repeat: "do be careful" 

Sure agreed , make sure read your small print , these cheating insurers will out something in the TC to do you over proper

10 hours ago, james.wilson said:

You sure Al? 

I agree it depends on the size of the claim but not using your brakes if available might be a reason to avoid paying a claim? 

Nah don't see the comparison , although understand what your trying to say 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andyha said:

however the time to find out I am right is not after a claim is refused

This is absolutely right, dont take the brokers word for anything they are selling the risk on and will say anything to get your dollar