Security Installer Community

Problems with dialler

Harold1066

Even if they decided in the end to not pull the plug on it, it was due to be switched off we discussed it here. It has not been reliable for around a decade it was the only "free" service left so always busy.

Just think how many thousands of devices still have that number programmed into it trying to send messages, it wasn't just alarms, pagers and server software could use it.

It's really not worth messing with, newer systems will send messages via IP or you could pay a premium for a number to support your legacy stuff, for now. That's if you want a chance to get the message.

2 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Maybe on and off 

But even odder that , it's the last time you got any signalling is 5months ago 

Upgrade , your wasting your time or use open tap it will cost just as much but should work , look it up on Google 

Thanks Al-yeti

It worked fairly reliably - it just stopped working when we changed telephone supplier - but maybe it was switched off at the same time as our switch. I think as an interim we would use an open tap system - my google search didn't come up with anything other thab a brewery! What does TAP stand for?

1 hour ago, Harold1066 said:

Thanks Al-yeti

It worked fairly reliably - it just stopped working when we changed telephone supplier - but maybe it was switched off at the same time as our switch. I think as an interim we would use an open tap system - my google search didn't come up with anything other thab a brewery! What does TAP stand for?

https://www.tapgateway.co.uk/