Security Installer Community

CHANGING 520r PIR in Scantronic 500r system.

lesallen45

3 hours ago, lesallen45 said:

Can anyone help. I have tried putting in my access code then 81 for programming mode nothing, then 82 for removal of a programmed area & still nothing. Any help would be gratefully appreciated..

0 then eng code

0 Ent then eng code

If you don't have the eng code, the book has defaulting instructions

However the 500r is old tat, personally I'd kick it off the wall...

Mr? Veritas God

Hi Mr Happy, thanks for your input have changed the insides & it works. Regards "old Tat" just because it's old if it is still serviceable you don't kick it off the wall. Obviously if you are a supplier you would recommend a new system but I paid GBP13.00 for the PIR. How much would a similar system be today to replace this one with 4 areas/ PIR'S.

I am all for if it's well maintained and serviceable then look after it and it will serve you well. You have to consider with old wireless systems that it's mostly one way an not considered reliable or secure any more.

With one way systems it's possible for the panel not to receive a message send from a PIR (therefore you have no alarm), the panel has no way of sending messages to sensors to make sure they are operational.

A bit like you don't see WEP being used for WiFi any more, in it's day it was considered fine. Now most are aware connections can be compromised in minutes and more modern protocols are in use.

2 hours ago, lesallen45 said:

"old Tat" just because it's old if it is still serviceable you don't kick it off the wall.

Can I  get new parts for your product from a reputable source ?

but I paid GBP13.00 for the PIR.

you was robbed....

How much would a similar system be today to replace this one with 4 areas/ PIR'S.

If your fully comp £0 if your paying for new £600 ish ?

• Like 1

Mr? Veritas God