Security Installer Community

Castle 2500 line fault.

PeteGBR

I have a customer with a Castle 2500 which has recently developed a line fault.

It has a DC 58 modem which has not had a phone line attached for years. This is sat on a Castle gateway PCB which goes off to a DCIF board, the outputs of this go up into the attic where a Dualcom sits.

The alarm is not communicating and the Dualcom is functioning ok.

As there are several keypads and this is quite a large alarm, (all I.D)  I would like to keep it running as long as it will. (So as there are 4 outputs on the 2500 endstation I want to utilise these).

The thing is the thing does not like me ripping off its piggyback boards. It needs a more sophisticated approach with some technical adjustment.

The line fault error remains and It's wasting power so the parasite boards need to go.

Can anyone guide me with this surgery and save my patient?

I have manuals for everything Castle except the 2000 series.

2500 is cira 20odd year old ?

8 minutes ago, PeteGBR said:

The alarm is not communicating and the Dualcom is functioning ok.

eh?

9 minutes ago, PeteGBR said:

(So as there are 4 outputs on the 2500 endstation I want to utilise these).

The thing is the thing does not like me ripping off its piggyback boards. It needs a more sophisticated approach with some technical adjustment.

The line fault error remains and It's wasting power so the parasite boards need to go.

Can anyone guide me with this surgery and save my patient?

I have manuals for everything Castle except the 2000 series.

any module, modem, keypad or zem ect... connected to the system is fault monitored,

should it be removed you will either need to program if off or default the system & reprogram it with out the device present

whats are you attempting to do with the 4 outputs on the endstation ?

Mr? Veritas God

52 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I'd assume dial capture was how the dualcom was working ?

I assume he is saying , the line fault is on all the time , but same time saying he has no.manual , so assume he can't find the line fault settings in the menu , wants to dis the board but saying it's on another board that he needs 

I thought that just comes off , or as Pete said disable 

You got it al-yeti. I need to lose the junk stuck on the board and configure the 4 outputs (close, zone omit, int and conf), to the dualcom and return a line fault to the panel via an input or zone with a bisquit..

The digi is just sat on the top doing nothing. The DCIF was sending pins - not anymore.

Just ripping it of I'm left with a fault. I tried taking it of a few years back, it needed telling it's not there. But now it is probably my problem.. Though not necessarily..

Thats why i'm asking deep thought.

Edited by PeteGBR

3 minutes ago, PeteGBR said:

What I posted is certainly not a riddle but looks clear as mud my problem. I need a manual.

Apologies. I thought it was totally unambiguous.

So do you have the engineer code and access the settings , this isn't a panel I know well 

But now your saying you have removed the board and that's why the fault came up

Can you not put the board back and then just remove line reporting? 

As as above then you can connect pins for signalling 

13 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Stop talking in riddles and just say what you want to do FFS

If you cant un program the LF just link it out its not rocket science 

Lol

The truth is i'm whipped by the company i work for - So spending hours on site messing about with something that was installed in 2000 is not really healthy for me.

I thought I would research the panel before i went back to site like a professional. But I reallised that amongst the 100's of manuals I have accumulated over the last 30 years in this industry I don't have a Castle 2500 installation and wiring manual.

I Need to resolve it though.

Hmmm... I wonder if that Digi still works. Dial capture may work. Will still need a manual to do that.

I have a Gradeshift interface board - But the dualcom is 20 metres away in the attic to get signal.

Edited by PeteGBR

Removing the gateway module previously fault caused a line fault. I'm not familiar with the 2500 at all past testing the alarm at service. I doubt the line fault is returned back from the dualcom either. The gateway board is supposed to be an ethernet adapter but is probably causing the existing line fault. I want to remove it and I'm asking where in the menu's I can find the flag to stop the endstation looking for it.

• 1 month later...