Security Installer Community

Remove door sensor

Hi,

I hope you can help. 

I need  to replace my front door and there is currently an alarm sensor stuck to the frame and door. 
I never use the alarm, so I would like to remove the sensors and connection block, without setting the alarm off permanently. 

I have 6 wires going into the connector, black, red, blue, yellow, green & white. 
only the first 4 then go up to the door sensor. 

Can I just remove the sensor and 4 wires 

or do I have to join any together?

Ideally I would like to remove the connector box altogether. perhaps chopping the 6 wires. 

The alarm is a texecom veritas R8. 

Many thanks,

Chris

Edited by Chrisneedshelp
Adding alarm type.

If they are old fashioned surface contacts unscrewing them and taping them together with masking tape is what most window fitters do...

Newer kit will have anti-tamper switches which would trigger the alarm on removal.

Really you should consider having your alarm decommissioned properly if you have no intention of using it.

Systems require servicing and have batteries that need replacing whether you arm it or not.

Unmaintained systems are never too far away from going haywire (normally in the early hours) which isn't pleasant for you or the neighbours.