Security Installer Community

ADT siren boxes - do the real boxes flash LED's?

Hi All

Was hoping someone can advise, the real ADT boxes that are out there, do the LED's flash all the time? I wasnt sure if its just the dummy ones that flash.

Reason for asking is i've just installed a Ring alarm system along with Ring doorbell but it has no external siren so wanted a visual deterrant, the ADT ones i've seen have flashing LED's however wasnt sure if the live ones also have this, I dont want any giveaways that its a dummy box ?

Alternatively are there any other dummy boxes which might work better? I know ADT are known for monitored alarms so thought it would be a good choice.

Thanks

Edited by mrjones

2 hours ago, mrjones said:

Hi All

Was hoping someone can advise, the real ADT boxes that are out there, do the LED's flash all the time? I wasnt sure if its just the dummy ones that flash.

Reason for asking is i've just installed a Ring alarm system along with Ring doorbell but it has no external siren so wanted a visual deterrant, the ADT ones i've seen have flashing LED's however wasnt sure if the live ones also have this, I dont want any giveaways that its a dummy box ?

Alternatively are there any other dummy boxes which might work better? I know ADT are known for monitored alarms so thought it would be a good choice.

Thanks

But ring do stickers etc 

Don't you trust there security?

Most live boxes have flashing leds some dummies have flashing led, most ADT boxes are dummies.

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

But ring do stickers etc 

Don't you trust there security?

Would you trust Ring? I wouldnt

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Most live boxes have flashing leds some dummies have flashing led, most ADT boxes are dummies.

Would you trust Ring? I wouldnt

You supposed to let him answer lol

10 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Ive tested most of these doorbells now Ring Hik Dahua Chinese cheapos, and they do work 8 or 9 times out of 10, and so the alarm should be fine ......most of the time.

Seriously though, the doorbells are nothing like the adverts would have you believe, my ring doorbell missed so many parcel deliveries and I know that the postie press the button because I have hard wired reliable CCTV. And it alerted falsely so many times even on the lowest setting that I couldn't use the motion detect at all. I do not understand why anyone would have a doorbell, understand that it doesn t always work, and then think I know, Ill use their alarm to protect my home. Its sods law that it will let you know just as the burglar is leaving, thats what the doorbell does.

37 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

they do lawn signs-

feature-pdp-security-sign.jpg?v=15211482

bit of double sided tape & bob's your uncle...

Lol

Many people say I don't need CCTV or an alarm "I have ring"

38 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

• 2 weeks later...