Security Installer Community

Need some expert advice

Struggling

Hi all

you guys really know your stuff....and I clearly don’t. 

I recently changed the battery on the remote for an Honeywell ADT (TCU3uk)

since then the remote and the panel don’t conmunicate, all the panel lights have lit up and the alarm doesn’t work.

the alarm isn’t monitored and is about 8 yrs old

im comfortable with getting a local engineer around but ADT are quoting £170 for a visit and no promise of fixing it either

would welcome your thoughts

thanks

The system is a Honeywell Domonial by the sounds of it. I don't know much about them (maybe discontinued now?)

You should find an installer you are comfortable with to look at your system, if you don't like the quote ADT gave you.

Personally I wouldn't support it and would recommend an upgrade, especially if it's never had any regular maintenance since it's been fitted.

7 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

The system is a Honeywell Domonial by the sounds of it. I don't know much about them (maybe discontinued now?)

You should find an installer you are comfortable with to look at your system, if you don't like the quote ADT gave you.

Personally I wouldn't support it and would recommend an upgrade, especially if it's never had any regular maintenance since it's been fitted.

Thank you @sixwheeledbeast . It might be time for an upgrade!!  Was trying to avoid it as we got an extension planned soon so was ok with an interim solution and then do an upgrade after the construction! Need to have a think 

5 hours ago, Struggling said:

Hi all

you guys really know your stuff....and I clearly don’t. 

I recently changed the battery on the remote for an Honeywell ADT (TCU3uk)

since then the remote and the panel don’t conmunicate, all the panel lights have lit up and the alarm doesn’t work.

the alarm isn’t monitored and is about 8 yrs old

im comfortable with getting a local engineer around but ADT are quoting £170 for a visit and no promise of fixing it either

would welcome your thoughts

thanks

Definitely get rid of it, the costs will be continuously hi , and obviously you don't want to go back on contract with ADT 

22 minutes ago, Struggling said:

Thanks. Really helped to hear from the experts

Swb the expert , go with cabling asap even if you don't install alarm striaght away that's cheap part of job

You could swap the control panel for a Galaxy G2 or Flex with RF portal and all the radio components (with exception of any wireless sounder and keypad) will be compatible with the new (much better than Domonial) panel.