Security Installer Community

Zone wiring on Honeywell Galaxy (multiple questions)

Hi,
I have got some questions while reading the manual. As relatively new to this, I need help to understand the following below.
All from Honeywell Galaxy Dimension Installer manual pdf here,**link removed** pages 2-14 through 2-16 (until the outputs)

1. Zone wiring types. Fault double-balanced vs. Fault end-of-line

Why those two types exist, or brief prehistory? When/why one is used vs another? The only difference I have spotted is that Alarm contacts have a resistor in parallel. Anything to note?

2. Wiring multiple detectors

This option has the capability to belong as 500m line instead 100m as in previous examples. Where the hidden point is here for me to understand? There are no different settings to be set to use this option. Only the thing is mentioned in the description that is must be Preset 1. What is preset? And in this configuration, no Fault and/or Anti-Mask detection can't be used? Just because zone won't understand what's happening if multiple detectors activated? Correct? But still, need clarification if this belongs to double-balanced or end-of-line condition, or...?

3. What is Fault detection?

I understand what is Alarm, what is Temper and what is Anti-Mask. Not quite sure about the Fault. Is this available on certain sensors only?

4. Key-switches and terminator buttons.

So the idea of key-switch is to use one zone and convert it as a control to set the system without fob or keypad just with connecting wires together with the right resistance? Ok, I understand this. This can be useful when integrating the system with other smart things. Now the push-set is a similar thing just not a switch but button? Also could be used to integrate with another system via toggle relay. Where or how else it can be used?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by MrHappy

2 hours ago, Cieska said:

Hi,
I have got some questions while reading the manual. As relatively new to this, I need help to understand the following below.
All from Honeywell Galaxy Dimension Installer manual pdf here,** link removed ** pages 2-14 through 2-16 (until the outputs)

Why those two types exist, or brief prehistory? When/why one is used vs another? The only difference I have spotted is that Alarm contacts have a resistor in parallel. Anything to note?

This option has the capability to belong as 500m line instead 100m as in previous examples. Where the hidden point is here for me to understand? There are no different settings to be set to use this option. Only the thing is mentioned in the description that is must be Preset 1. What is preset? And in this configuration, no Fault and/or Anti-Mask detection can't be used? Just because zone won't understand what's happening if multiple detectors activated? Correct? But still, need clarification if this belongs to double-balanced or end-of-line condition, or...?

I understand what is Alarm, what is Temper and what is Anti-Mask. Not quite sure about the Fault. Is this available on certain sensors only?

So the idea of key-switch is to use one zone and convert it as a control to set the system without fob or keypad just with connecting wires together with the right resistance? Ok, I understand this. This can be useful when integrating the system with other smart things. Now the push-set is a similar thing just not a switch but button? Also could be used to integrate with another system via toggle relay. Where or how else it can be used?

Thanks in advance. 

Dude I don't mean to be funny but you want full training 

Goto Honeywell and get training or practice on the panel

Or go YouTube Honeywell have there own channel to teach you basics

Edited by MrHappy

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Double balanced has 2+ resistors so a short or complete open circuit is a tamper. 

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

on a agalaxy you can add multiple door contacts and just ad a 1k in parallel with the switch. Basically a reading of 1k is closed 2k to 11k is alarm, 12k+ tamper But you cant use fault resistors etc.

30 minutes ago, Cieska said:

its a sensor fault. A grade 3 sensor can report a fault on the eol wiring by open different relays to give a fault reading. The panel can then identify that the sensor itself has reported it has failed an internal test.

31 minutes ago, Cieska said:

exit termsinators are to tell the alarm that everyone is outside the protected area and it can complete the arming process. Most people use final door but i prefer pts (terminate)

• Thanks 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Can we expand a little bit on some of the things that weren't mentioned by James?

2. Wiring multiple detectors. 'Preset 1' (in the screenshot) is this relates to resistance values Option 01 - 1k from the table 2-7? At the same time, this means that it's Double-balanced type of line?

4. Push to set. I bit doubt bout how the scenario would look like in this configuration? If the button is pushed and all zones in a safe state then system will be set? And if this is true, then, in the same way, the system will be unset just while pushing the same button? How we can call this system safe if anyone can unset the system by clicking the button? Or any other factors must be met? Soon I will test this scenario myself but would be nice to know what to expect instead guessing the correct results.

5. In both tables 2-7 and 2-8, there are two lines named Low Resistance and High Resistance. What this for? Why those are even mentioned? I'm right with saying that is value ranges to avoid false results/alarms?

Screenshot_20200811-160348.jpg

Screenshot_20200811-160451.jpg

Wiring multiple devices gives 1k all closed and 2k,3k,4k,5k for various states of open.  However, if possible, only add one detector per zone as it's not good practice to combine detectors on the same zone - root causing problem detectors becomes more complex.

The push to set is a single operation. After you have pushed once, the circuit is ignored - you can press again and it will do nothing. It certainly will not unset the system in the way a keyswitch type zone would.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You would only install multiple devices on one zone where you have no other option, situations like protecting a double door or roller shutter with two contacts.

Having them on separate zones would mean you could have a confirmed alarm from one action which is not permitted for police calling.

• Like 1

PTS is the completion of the setting process.

Present tag or enter code,

system starts to set,

you close the entrance door  (lock it or whatever)

press the PTS & the exit mode stops & the system should be set

pressing the button (unless its programmed to chime) does nowt unless the system in exit mode

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

5 hours ago, Cieska said:

5. In both tables 2-7 and 2-8, there are two lines named Low Resistance and High Resistance. What this for? Why those are even mentioned? I'm right with saying that is value ranges to avoid false results/alarms

this is to give early warning of a connection issue failing device etc. good firms transmit this data and then book a visit 'before' the device fails. Low res is usually water or damage, high res is connection issues or failing detector

• Thanks 1

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.