Security Installer Community

New Area Code for Gardtec 800 series

JCH48

We have a Gardtec 800 series installed over 20 years ago.

We have 2 areas defined such that at night time we input 'code' + 1 which excludes the landing, + 2 excludes the landing and office

We now have a dog and would like to do 'code' + 3 to exclude the kitchen

We know the kitchen is zone 2, so would like to create and area code of 3 equal to everything except zone 2

(We know we can alarm the house as required by excluding zone 2, but this is a tiny bit more complicated)

our manual says areas need to be set up by the installation company

thanks

If you've never had it serviced in 20 years then standby batteries will be bust (hopefully not leaked acid all over the insides) and possibly damaged to the charging circuit.

All you need is a power cut and you have no system.

Maybe a good idea to have it looked at if you value it's purpose. Don't be surprised if recommended an upgrade or find something is bust, even if it appears to be setting fine.

21 hours ago, JCH48 said:

I was hoping that I could do it myself and save £100 or whatever callout + working time comes to. We do not have it serviced.

It's possible , I think most competent diyers need to see if they don't need a working alarm for about let's say six weeks then you could give it ago , and call someone after if it doesn't work out 

• 2 weeks later...