Security Installer Community

Visonic Powermax+ PGM output.

Hi,

Does anyone know how the PGM output on the Visonic powermax+ is supposed to operate?

I assumed originally that it was just pulled low when active, but it seems to be low all the time.

You can see some info on topic here where another user was also confused by it:

https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/25353-powermax-pgm-output/

I've tried pulling it up with resistors, but it won't switch "off".

6 minutes ago, BaconAndCabbage said:

Hi,

Does anyone know how the PGM output on the Visonic powermax+ is supposed to operate?

I assumed originally that it was just pulled low when active, but it seems to be low all the time.

You can see some info on topic here where another user was also confused by it:

https://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/25353-powermax-pgm-output/

I've tried pulling it up with resistors, but it won't switch "off".

Might floating so dosent react same way

11 minutes ago, BaconAndCabbage said:

It's connected to ground. I've checked with a meter and it's connected to ground.

So it's negative remove then perhaps

Or positive removed or something lol

2 hours ago, BaconAndCabbage said:

I actually just want to use it to monitor when the alarm's set via a wifi dongle I made, so I need no current really.

I have it set to turn on when home or away or armed, but it never changes from being a ground.

Relay?

I was hoping to avoid increasing complexity by adding a relay. All I need a 12v and 0v signal,

What I wanted to do was put say a 4.7k resistor across it and 12V. That way I'd get 12V at the PGM pin when it was "off" and 0v when it was on. The issue of course is that it doesn't seem to ever turn off.

1 hour ago, BaconAndCabbage said:

I was hoping to avoid increasing complexity by adding a relay. All I need a 12v and 0v signal,

What I wanted to do was put say a 4.7k resistor across it and 12V. That way I'd get 12V at the PGM pin when it was "off" and 0v when it was on. The issue of course is that it doesn't seem to ever turn off.

id expect it to read a difference with a meter, unless the output is broken. If you cant read it with a dvm then a t relay wont help

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

2 hours ago, BaconAndCabbage said:

Adding relay easier than whole discussion

"power burning, heating up relay"?

A pull up resistor would dissipate the wattage across it as heat. Either way I think we are getting off topic you can test this with a meter it wouldn't need a load.

If it's not switching then it's either not programmed correctly or blown.

The reason it's common practice for installers use relays is for separation with any auxiliary device.

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

"power burning, heating up relay"?

A pull up resistor would dissipate the wattage across it as heat. Either way I think we are getting off topic you can test this with a meter it wouldn't need a load.

If it's not switching then it's either not programmed correctly or blown.

The reason it's common practice for installers use relays is for separation with any auxiliary device.

Qfa

Also the output maybe open without a pull up or down it won't show much logic wise

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.