Security Installer Community

Eaton i-on 16 error codes

2 minutes ago, Adam Harkus said:

Replace batteries for all detectors.

I get the below messages when trying to set my i-on 16 alarm.

CANNOT SET: 

RADIO SRN 01

SRN01 Superv Fail

Call installer:

KITCHEN

Tamper Z04

Tick to continue:

Battery v.low/missing

Any ideas?

Taking a guess , you changed batteries and cover is not on correctly in kitchen and batteries in an expander need replacing ?

Basically never serviced and retested 

Call installer dude and pay to get it fixed you will be happy spending that £200 on the system 

When changing batteries I have also found that shorting out battery terminals when you removed batteries help and also to activate the tamper switch a good few times prevent random tamper faults happening after battery changes. Had a couple of sites where tampers always happened a couple of hours after servicing 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, abbz said:

When changing batteries I have also found that shorting out battery terminals when you removed batteries help and also to activate the tamper switch a good few times prevent random tamper faults happening after battery changes. Had a couple of sites where tampers always happened a couple of hours after servicing 

Yes on faulty pirs with dodgy switches lol 

35 minutes ago, abbz said:

Good practice on any radio tat IMO.

12 hours ago, abbz said:

Yup, but to clarify for those who may be confused... the device battery terminals, not the battery terminals...

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.