Jump to content
Security Installer Community
renem

Lightsys 2 with new router and no connection

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

We replaced our current router with another one, kept the same IP address and now Risco Cloud can't connect anymore. I noticed there were two (old) similar threads here:

 

 

 

All other network devices have no issues. I can ping the lightsys 2 on the network. It seems the lightsys 2 doesn't refresh its ARP cache or something, sticking to the MAC address of the old router. It's been a couple of hours now. I tried resetting the router and disconnecting the LAN cable for a short while but it doesn't make any difference.

 

Anyone else ran into this before?

 

Rene

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call your installer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, renem said:

Hi all,

 

We replaced our current router with another one, kept the same IP address and now Risco Cloud can't connect anymore. I noticed there were two (old) similar threads here:

 

 

 

All other network devices have no issues. I can ping the lightsys 2 on the network. It seems the lightsys 2 doesn't refresh its ARP cache or something, sticking to the MAC address of the old router. It's been a couple of hours now. I tried resetting the router and disconnecting the LAN cable for a short while but it doesn't make any difference.

 

Anyone else ran into this before?

 

Rene

You will have to call installer for this bit , get furlough wallet out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll call the installer. From a network perspective, I'm still curious whether this is a known issue?

 

Anyone knows what happens behind the scenes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, renem said:

I'll call the installer. From a network perspective, I'm still curious whether this is a known issue?

 

Anyone knows what happens behind the scenes?

I think it's hardware issue , diff panel but I have a quantam 70 that plays up on the lan in a similar way if you mess with network , otherwise it's happy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll call the installer and post the results here if they figure out what causes this. Might be useful for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, renem said:

I'll call the installer and post the results here if they figure out what causes this. Might be useful for others.

Probably best they will be able to change setting at the server end which may be all thats required, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anyone else runs into this. Disconnecting the network cable for a short while and reconnecting didn't work.

 

Disconnecting the network cable for 30 minutes, then reconnecting did the job. Even with a different default gateway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.