Security Installer Community

Lightsys 2 with new router and no connection

renem

Hi all,

We replaced our current router with another one, kept the same IP address and now Risco Cloud can't connect anymore. I noticed there were two (old) similar threads here:

All other network devices have no issues. I can ping the lightsys 2 on the network. It seems the lightsys 2 doesn't refresh its ARP cache or something, sticking to the MAC address of the old router. It's been a couple of hours now. I tried resetting the router and disconnecting the LAN cable for a short while but it doesn't make any difference.

Anyone else ran into this before?

Rene

1 hour ago, renem said:

Hi all,

We replaced our current router with another one, kept the same IP address and now Risco Cloud can't connect anymore. I noticed there were two (old) similar threads here:

All other network devices have no issues. I can ping the lightsys 2 on the network. It seems the lightsys 2 doesn't refresh its ARP cache or something, sticking to the MAC address of the old router. It's been a couple of hours now. I tried resetting the router and disconnecting the LAN cable for a short while but it doesn't make any difference.

Anyone else ran into this before?

Rene

You will have to call installer for this bit , get furlough wallet out 

45 minutes ago, renem said:

I'll call the installer. From a network perspective, I'm still curious whether this is a known issue?

Anyone knows what happens behind the scenes?

I think it's hardware issue , diff panel but I have a quantam 70 that plays up on the lan in a similar way if you mess with network , otherwise it's happy 

2 hours ago, renem said:

I'll call the installer and post the results here if they figure out what causes this. Might be useful for others.

Probably best they will be able to change setting at the server end which may be all thats required, 

In case anyone else runs into this. Disconnecting the network cable for a short while and reconnecting didn't work.

Disconnecting the network cable for 30 minutes, then reconnecting did the job. Even with a different default gateway.

• 6 months later...