Security Installer Community

Help please

Hi all hoping someone on here can help and save me trying to get someone to fix this. We have had a new kitchen installed and the fitters cracked the sensor off the wall and ive got a new one can someone help me ?? which wires go where on the new one ?

The sensor on the left is the old one and the sensor on the right is the new one Pyronix KX10DP. Do i need a different PIR sensor ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

GavinIMG_3114.thumb.jpg.5bcba97363b59b905b342ca622e60f95.jpgIMG_3113.thumb.jpg.2c12c1b17f7cc2c80f0352fe262abfc1.jpg

38 minutes ago, scotslad469 said:

Hi all hoping someone on here can help and save me trying to get someone to fix this. We have had a new kitchen installed and the fitters cracked the sensor off the wall and ive got a new one can someone help me ?? which wires go where on the new one ?

The sensor on the left is the old one and the sensor on the right is the new one Pyronix KX10DP. Do i need a different PIR sensor ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

GavinIMG_3114.thumb.jpg.5bcba97363b59b905b342ca622e60f95.jpgIMG_3113.thumb.jpg.2c12c1b17f7cc2c80f0352fe262abfc1.jpg

White and green to tamper terminals

Blue and yellow to alarm

Black is minus -

Red is positive +

18 minutes ago, scotslad469 said:

Lets pretend im stupid ? 

What colour wires go into the pyronix terminals ??

And since ive cut the old one off now the panel is saying AUX DC fail ?? Am i better getting a pro into look at it ?

Aux DC fail because probably short it out 

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Blue and yellow to alarm

Black is minus -

Red is positive +

Aux DC fail because probably short it out 

On the new PIR it has two connectors for Alarm and tamper one each with EOL above them what colour in the EOL screw 

+ Red

- Black

Alarm EOL ?

Alarm ?

Tamper ?

Tamper EOL ? 

thanks for all the help and patience and yes the glass fuse is blown I will replace it 

56 minutes ago, scotslad469 said:

On the new PIR it has two connectors for Alarm and tamper one each with EOL above them what colour in the EOL screw 

+ Red

- Black

Alarm EOL ?

Alarm ?

Tamper ?

Tamper EOL ? 

thanks for all the help and patience and yes the glass fuse is blown I will replace it 

Same as what I just said

And ignore eol and don't put jumpers on them

I guess I could type it out but I am going to  be lazy , your just getting confused the word eol , ignore it , so then instructions are the same as what I said before

Blue and yellow to alarm terminals

Black is minus - terminal

Red is positive + terminal

19 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I guess I could type it out but I am going to  be lazy , your just getting confused the word eol , ignore it , so then instructions are the same as what I said before

Blue and yellow to alarm terminals

Black is minus - terminal

Red is positive + terminal

Thanks for the help. I owe you a few of these ?????

5 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I once did a job in Ardrossan.....

I believe the foreign office, issue the same advice to travelers as they do for mogadishu, apart from the sun screen ? 

Mogadishu is safer to travel to than ardossan 

• Like 1

Thanks to all the replies. 

PIR now working perfectly few issues I forgot I set the alarm to all the defaults so not knowing the default pin was #### i triggered the tamper and couldn’t shut it down but got it all done in the end. 

????

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
no codes please

• 2 weeks later...

Small bit further help. After getting the PIR sensor installed and working. I decided to do a walk test and see if everything was fine and which zones were which.

I believe these are shock sensors ? well i gave them a little nudge to see which zone they were in and now they flash red constantly. Anyone any ideas how to get them to stop flashing ???

I have set the alarm and unset it ive been into engineer mode and done a reset still they flash ALL NIGHT LONG !!

Any further help would be appreciated......

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

Personally I would only drop the power to the detectors.

I'm not sure with these panels but there will most probably be an output that resets on arm/set or something similar (pulse output perhaps?) that you can programme to drop the power momentarily on setting.

Worst case, you cold wire in a small unobtrusive switch to interrupt the 12v and mount it through the casing at the bottom or something.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.