Security Installer Community

Pyronix Deltabell Plus G2 Help Needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Today I have replaced my old Lynteck bell box with the Pyronix Deltabell Plus G2. My alarm system is very old but I am sure they should be compatible.

The wiring was as follows;

Old Lynteck Bell Box

STR
TRG (believe this is trigger?)
HOLD +
HOLD -
TAMP R

New Deltabell box

T - I wired the TAMP R To this
T - I introduced a wire from the 12v- to this
ENG HOLD - Not using this
STB - connected STR from old box
BELL - connected TRG
12v+ - connected HOLD + 
12v- - connected HOLD - (and additional wire to T)

All was going well however, the panel showed a bell tamper. Having read lots of posts I saw that I should introduce a wire from the 12v - to the additional tamper T in the bell box, as above. This cleared the fault from the control panel. The sounder and everything seems to work okay as I have set the alarm and tested.

The problem is that the bell box is constantly showing in alarm mod. The strobe is going off and the lights inside the casing are going off and on also so I think this is in alarm mode. The bell box should have 2 leds going on and off either side of the strobe in non alarm mode and at night the backlight to the box should be on.

I am not sure what I have done wrong or if there is a setting on the Deltabell G2 module that I need to change or wiring needs to be different.

Any help or advice would be very welcome.

thanks 
Del

1 hour ago, Del.f. said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Today I have replaced my old Lynteck bell box with the Pyronix Deltabell Plus G2. My alarm system is very old but I am sure they should be compatible.

The wiring was as follows;

Old Lynteck Bell Box

STR
TRG (believe this is trigger?)
HOLD +
HOLD -
TAMP R

New Deltabell box

T - I wired the TAMP R To this
T - I introduced a wire from the 12v- to this
ENG HOLD - Not using this
STB - connected STR from old box
BELL - connected TRG
12v+ - connected HOLD + 
12v- - connected HOLD - (and additional wire to T)

All was going well however, the panel showed a bell tamper. Having read lots of posts I saw that I should introduce a wire from the 12v - to the additional tamper T in the bell box, as above. This cleared the fault from the control panel. The sounder and everything seems to work okay as I have set the alarm and tested.

The problem is that the bell box is constantly showing in alarm mod. The strobe is going off and the lights inside the casing are going off and on also so I think this is in alarm mode. The bell box should have 2 leds going on and off either side of the strobe in non alarm mode and at night the backlight to the box should be on.

I am not sure what I have done wrong or if there is a setting on the Deltabell G2 module that I need to change or wiring needs to be different.

Any help or advice would be very welcome.

thanks 
Del

If wiring correct 

There's a screw near tamper switch , or you saw it in packet and didn't put it in , that will help push switch if surface behind wasn't even 

You don't need to remove bell , just put screw in and turn it to adjust switch slightly and you will here the switch close quicker when cover is pressed down 

Assuming it's this , but it is normally the problem