Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy understand model naming

Hi,

As beginner I'm bit confused to understand Honeywell's Galaxy Dimension model numbers. When searching on eBay I'm coming with random models and some of them not searchable in Honeywell's website. For example two models and C048-D-E2 and C048-C-E5.

When the first one doesn't appear in searches linked to official web, but instead C048-D-E1 does. 

Thanks for any directions. 

The E1 is the European region 1 which includes the UK with English and settings that comply with UK standards for a grade 3 panel.

E2 Etc are for other regions and include various languages and country specific settings

If in the UK, make sure you get an E1 at version 7.03.  There are a few customer returns from Europe being sold on eBay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The E1 is the European region 1 which includes the UK with English and settings that comply with UK standards for a grade 3 panel.

E2 Etc are for other regions and include various languages and country specific settings

If in the UK, make sure you get an E1 at version 7.03.  There are a few customer returns from Europe being sold on eBay.

What about the C and the D?

39 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

C is for comms onboard, D is dimension

What do you mean D is dimension if all C048-x-xx, C096-x-xx, C264-x-xx, C520-x-xx are 'Dimension'? Or I don't understand something in between the lines? 

And C you mean communications which is PSTN line? Or? (I have attached picture that states that D is with PSTN dialler). And so can't find any other controllers that would be listed on Honeywell website with C, only the documentation page http://www.honeywellvideosystems.com/download/Galaxy/EN_GaTechDocsPanels.htm

Screenshot_20200711-213024__01.jpg

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

C was the old pre - back wall tamper version.

That's what I thought 

1 hour ago, Nova-Security said:

C is for comms onboard, D is dimension

C for confused dot come in my case lol

They both have Comms on board tho

16 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

E2 Etc are for other regions and include various languages and country-specific settings

If in the UK, make sure you get an E1 at version 7.03. 

But if E2 do you think it comes with English Language user interface? 

And how bad those Versions that lower than v7? Is it a relatively easy way to upgrade the firmware? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Cieska said:

But if E2 do you think it comes with English Language user interface? 

And how bad those Versions that lower than v7? Is it a relatively easy way to upgrade the firmware? 

Thanks. 

The versions are upgraded for development and sometimes correcting earlier glitches 

Version 7 example was superseded within week I think and so on 

Firmware easy to do , just buy it on a stick or if you can get the files there are other ways 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, al-yeti said:

That's what I thought 

C for confused dot come in my case lol

They both have Comms on board tho

The early pre dimension could be bought with or with comms onboard C for comms and as GG stated they didnt have any rear off wall tamper. Well that how we always order them.

• Upvote 1

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

1 hour ago, Nova-Security said:

The early pre dimension could be bought with or with comms onboard C for comms and as GG stated they didnt have any rear off wall tamper. Well that how we always order them.

Ok dude I remember the external coms devices and cards 

Just to note that the panel you're looking at on eBay is cheap for a reason. It's not new and looks like it has been a swap out.  That is, the installer has a fault on an installed system and they then switch out the PCB.  If you look at the PCB, you can see that the screw terminals have been used.  The PCB serial number doesn't match the box serial number and that's a classic sign of this type of swap out. I suspect that this panel will not boot, so if you do buy, don't put it on the wall without thoroughly testing it. I've had quite a  few people who have bought these returns - some are lucky and some not so. I think the seller is pretty decent though. He'll refund on return.  It's a bit of a hassle for the saving against buying the V7.03 CO48-D-E1 though! Especially the ones that come with Ethernet modules ?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Just to note that the panel you're looking...

Thanks for the interesting review on that, I will keep this in mind. 

My initial idea is to set up the system to play with, to see how 'difficult' is to be a security engineer. Hopefully, any system will be just fine for that?

16 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Just to note that the panel you're looking...

My initial idea is to set up the system to play with, to see how 'difficult' is to be a security engineer. Hopefully, any system will be just fine for that?

Also, this is the main reason why it must be as cheap as possible. 

1 hour ago, Cieska said:

to see how 'difficult' is to be a security engineer.

coloured wires & basic DIY skills, shave a monkey & kick it though a branch of screwfix,

if its holding a multi meter & screwdriver on the way out.... vola you have have an alarm monkey

however if you can take a current reading your over qualified ?

The easy way to find out if your suitable for a job is to go & get one, if you can't do it or don't like find a different one

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

45 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

however if you can take a current reading your over qualified ?

Nah, this means you can probably fault find , so qualified.....

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Nah, this means you can probably fault find , so qualified.....

do you have a fear of heights ?

why not get a job in an industry which put little plastic boxes up using triple ladders....

Mr? Veritas God

6 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

do you have a fear of heights ?

why not get a job in an industry which put little plastic boxes up using triple ladders....

I do a bit , hate the bell boxes high up never understood why they do that , bunch of nuttas and muppets

4 hours ago, Cieska said:

Also, this is the main reason why it must be as cheap as possible. 

Start with a scantronic 9651 / texecom veritas r8 / honeywell G4

• Thanks 1

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

3 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

do you have a fear of heights?

why not get a job in an industry which put little plastic boxes up using triple ladders...

I don't mind of heights, I have previous experience with many things relating to heights., also with IT and AV, and electrics, and component electronics, and many other technologies and I know the industry I know many things, but never worked full time and I haven't done box configuration, so I need to get some practice on this, maybe I will guard my shed and need to find problems to work on, and get comfortable. As otherwise, I have to start as an apprentice but I don't want to. It would be ok for just start but I wouldn't wait a year until my wages reviewed. 

6 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

Start with a scantronic 9651 / texecom veritas r8 / Honeywell G4

Thank you very much, this is what I was looking for, to know where I need to get hands-on. 

Edited by Cieska

40 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

Start with a scantronic 9651 / texecom veritas r8 / honeywell G4

Veritas will be difficult even the electrician's can't do them fully

35 minutes ago, Cieska said:

Thank you very much, this is what I was looking for, to know where I need to get hands-on. 

Start with Honeywell g4 - 9651 - galaxy g2-12 - then dive into a dimension on left hand and premier elite in right at same time

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Start with Honeywell g4 - 9651 - galaxy g2-12 - then dive into a dimension on left hand and premier elite in right at same time

Do I understand it right that Honeywell 9651 is a Scantronic model? And it is discontinued as it not really appear in official Honeywell UK website search? 

Also G4 is more as generation 4 of some of the models instead as just one model? Like Optima and Accenta? 

Cheers.