Security Installer Community

Honeywell Galaxy understand model naming

Hi,

As beginner I'm bit confused to understand Honeywell's Galaxy Dimension model numbers. When searching on eBay I'm coming with random models and some of them not searchable in Honeywell's website. For example two models and C048-D-E2 and C048-C-E5.

When the first one doesn't appear in searches linked to official web, but instead C048-D-E1 does. 

Thanks for any directions. 

The E1 is the European region 1 which includes the UK with English and settings that comply with UK standards for a grade 3 panel.

E2 Etc are for other regions and include various languages and country specific settings

If in the UK, make sure you get an E1 at version 7.03.  There are a few customer returns from Europe being sold on eBay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

The E1 is the European region 1 which includes the UK with English and settings that comply with UK standards for a grade 3 panel.

E2 Etc are for other regions and include various languages and country specific settings

If in the UK, make sure you get an E1 at version 7.03.  There are a few customer returns from Europe being sold on eBay.

What about the C and the D?

39 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

C is for comms onboard, D is dimension

What do you mean D is dimension if all C048-x-xx, C096-x-xx, C264-x-xx, C520-x-xx are 'Dimension'? Or I don't understand something in between the lines? 

And C you mean communications which is PSTN line? Or? (I have attached picture that states that D is with PSTN dialler). And so can't find any other controllers that would be listed on Honeywell website with C, only the documentation page http://www.honeywellvideosystems.com/download/Galaxy/EN_GaTechDocsPanels.htm

Screenshot_20200711-213024__01.jpg

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

C was the old pre - back wall tamper version.

That's what I thought 

1 hour ago, Nova-Security said:

C is for comms onboard, D is dimension

C for confused dot come in my case lol

They both have Comms on board tho

16 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

E2 Etc are for other regions and include various languages and country-specific settings

If in the UK, make sure you get an E1 at version 7.03. 

But if E2 do you think it comes with English Language user interface? 

And how bad those Versions that lower than v7? Is it a relatively easy way to upgrade the firmware? 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Cieska said:

But if E2 do you think it comes with English Language user interface? 

And how bad those Versions that lower than v7? Is it a relatively easy way to upgrade the firmware? 

Thanks. 

The versions are upgraded for development and sometimes correcting earlier glitches 

Version 7 example was superseded within week I think and so on 

Firmware easy to do , just buy it on a stick or if you can get the files there are other ways 

• Upvote 1