Security Installer Community

Door intercomm issue

Hi all After some advice on an intercomm I was recently asked to change, only been doing them a year or so so still got a lot to learn. The old video intercomm a Genway 4 wire was being problematic so changed it for a similar 4 wire unit which is for a doctors surgery. Video & audio works fine just wont open the door when button pressed. On the Genway you could open the door from the handset but the new one wont work when button pressed on the internal staion. It's an auto door if that helps. On the Genway there was a 2nd output for the door cable on the back of the intercomm. Any guidance appreciated.

Forgot to upload pics ?‍♂️ 

Old unit was a 4 wire Genway, the door cables were connected to the back of the door station from a 2nd output which is the 2nd white connector block on rear panel photo. The new unit is a ccl which is also 4 wire with 2 black for connection to door lock. Also it is existing cabling video and audio work fine just door release having problems with.

20200629_165736.jpg

20200629_165740.jpg

20200629_165746.jpg

20200629_102649.jpg

20200629_102603.jpg

Edited by Ray phillips

im not suprised your lucky you didnt damage something. ie the sliding door controller they arnt cheap

You need to check whats on those black wires when, i dont have the manual in my hand. Id assume they are designed to go to a lock release not a door controller for a sliding door

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

11 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

im not suprised your lucky you didnt damage something. ie the sliding door controller they arnt cheap

You need to check whats on those black wires when, i dont have the manual in my hand. Id assume they are designed to go to a lock release not a door controller for a sliding door

Your probably right james, when the release button on the intercomm is pressed you get a reading of the 2 blk wires.