Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9930 PIR tamper

Gadget34

1 hour ago, Gadget34 said:

All tests were done on 200k. I can’t see the cable being at fault though as I could see the resistance change depending on the state of the pir. Lid off there wasn’t a circuit and then lid on it read 02.2. I believe the resistance would then increase further if someone activated the pir motion.  
i read this elsewhere which I believe is what I am seeing as I also measured the resistance and the pir alarm wires and these are 0.46 ish which fits with the below?

As an example if a 4.7k resistor is used for the alarm contact and a 2.2k resistor is used for the tamper/EOL,

In the 'active' condition the panel would see 4.7 plus 2.2 equals roughly 7k ohms.

In the 'settled' condition the panel would just see the 2.2 or EOL.

In the 'tamper' condition the panel would see zilch IE cut cable-open circuit or direct short tamper as well.

What I don’t know is what reading would be at the panel when the pir is in the fault state I.e causing a tamper alarm on motion with the alarm unset.

any recommendations for a compatible pir?

So your saying the fault now is permanent? If you put it back altogether alarm won't set ? Due to permanent fault on that circuit ?

Or you tested incorrectly?

Not that our can't be at fault , I would have just swapped the boards over with another circuit by now , or compared it to another circuit the same way depending on lengths

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The alarm is currently working as normal.

James can you confirm where I test the tamper again? Is this at the pir end or the control box end?

it will likely work for another 6 months ok now... just annoying when it does eventually cause the false tamper.

41 minutes ago, Gadget34 said:

it will likely work for another 6 months ok now... just annoying when it does eventually cause the false tamper.

So swap the board with another PIR dude , fault should follow if it's the put, meaning from another room 

14 minutes ago, Gadget34 said:

I don’t mind buying a new one for £20/£30. Do you know what model what be compatible? 

Lol , any but if you going to spend £20/30 on a new PIR then forget these ones 

Is312 is a replacement for what you have 

But for your budget a quad PIR texecom or optex are better 

1 minute ago, Gadget34 said:

Would the IS312 be sufficient? Or would you go for a texecom?

Do they both need to use the same resistors for the tamper circuit?

Thanks

Your panel uses the resistors it has on it , PIR either have them fitted or there built in 

Like I said you said budget is good so wouldn't see why you would go for the is312