Security Installer Community

Hi to all

Sonic

I remember Phil well, a great guy. I originally bought our Amaster stations 5 I think, plus a server, from him, we even went up to Hull to look around. Then met Ken, on the IFSEC circuit  another nice guy, think he was to promote sales. The setup wasn't flash I agree, but everyone at PC Data where friendly and helpful beyond. Even Phil would get on the support lines sometime. Halcyon days...

Shame its gone down the tube service/cost wise.

2 hours ago, Sonic said:

WHAT !!!!  26K? Heck that's serious money. My buddy who sold commercial software, really big stuff globally, Verbatim etc, reckoned the going rate for ongoing support was between 10-18% per annum. Methinks that because its such a specialized software, they have our leg in the air.

£26k was the starting bid I got them down to £18k in the end. I do use the system fully though, from enquiry to quote to purchase orders as well as all the maintenance runs and stuff. I can track engineers and see how far they are from the next job etc,I am still getting used to it but it seems okay, and although its not without its quirks it seems to be more reliable than AM. My admin team love it. 

Once you buy it you dont need to have the ongoing maintenance to keep it working (which is why you dont want something on someone else's cloud) I will keep paying the maintenance on mine.

I dont think it was worth the £18k, but I reckon most people who buy a burglar alarm from me think the same. Not that I am not gvfm, its a begrudged sale. I need software in order to do my job, but its not going to make me better looking, or make my car go faster or my dick grow bigger. Its the same with alarms, though I do try to make customers think their car will go faster with one of my alarms.