Security Installer Community

Acorn Alarm Panel

Hi. I have an Acorn Control Panel installed in my garage block from 1986 which apart from changed rechargeable batteries is still going strong. I have replaced the external bell box with a new box and sounder but the bell time is addressed by resistors and links that you cut on the PCB in the panel. Has anyone got a copy of the installation instructions from one of these very old panels. It was originally a Shorrock installation.

Thanks

Chris

4 hours ago, Chris Covell said:

Hi. I have an Acorn Control Panel installed in my garage block from 1986 which apart from changed rechargeable batteries is still going strong. I have replaced the external bell box with a new box and sounder but the bell time is addressed by resistors and links that you cut on the PCB in the panel. Has anyone got a copy of the installation instructions from one of these very old panels. It was originally a Shorrock installation.

Thanks

Chris

Acorn might be installer

Upload picture of keypad

20 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Shorrock and Acorn. Hmm, makes me recall some really old 2 zone key switch thing?

Model 76 / 77

Those had links for bell delay etc 

The old da for code changing was the old wire links used to be interesting to

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Shorrock and Acorn. Hmm, makes me recall some really old 2 zone key switch thing?

Acorn makes me recall Acorn Antiques, there is a company Essex way (Clacton I think) called Acorn Alarms, the bloke doesn't believe in connecting bell tamper circuits up because they go off for no aparrent reason.

I dread to think what his installs are like 

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Horrible tan colour front 

Do remember having the instructions for them once

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

This is a picture of the panel - made by a company in Cornwall. Looked after, cared for and cleaned and working as the day it was put in... as it stands the bell output would sound continuously as the old sounder had a SAB or similar that timed out after 15 minutes.

There are a series of resistors and links that set the exit/entry time, the bell time and the auto reset... It isnt clear which to cut for the bell time, hence the original question.

IMG_0339.JPG

8 minutes ago, Chris Covell said:

This is a picture of the panel - made by a company in Cornwall. Looked after, cared for and cleaned and working as the day it was put in... as it stands the bell output would sound continuously as the old sounder had a SAB or similar that timed out after 15 minutes.

What tat have you purchased that does not have a cut off timer ?

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

7 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Hi Chris

Are you sure that Acorn is the brand? 

In any case, we cannot give out installation instructions here. only user ones 

Not even for this old thing?