Security Installer Community

BT Home Monitor VP1000 problem

AL46

11 hours ago, Hugh201 said:

BT are ****! They do not care about their Customers who invested in their Systems selling them on to ther who cannot support! BT are faceless and DO NOT respond to any questions regarding this!

All these big companies are the same Scottish Power, AO, Virgin Media, in fact most telecom companies. I always try to use a smaller reputable company, I look for accreditation and then check out the accreditation too just to be sure I have a come back. (Check-A Trade is not an accreditation). My advice would be to look for a smaller company you will get someone who cares about their reputation as long as you dont go for the cheapest you can find. 

I still don't see how you can slag BT off out of context. This thread is about a product they probably don't even remember they put there name on as a rebranded product.

If we are talking about as a teleco company when we say "systems" then they don't have anything to do with the network any more it's all Openreach now, that wasn't their doing.

With domestic services like this it often comes down to cost, it's so easy to compare prices now and they pretty much provide all the same thing.

Only need to speak to them if you have an issue and from what I gather BT are fairly decent on the customer services front when it comes to complaints (OFCOM).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I still don't see how you can slag BT off out of context. This thread is about a product they probably don't even remember they put there name on as a rebranded product.

If we are talking about as a teleco company when we say "systems" then they don't have anything to do with the network any more it's all Openreach now, that wasn't their doing.

With domestic services like this it often comes down to cost, it's so easy to compare prices now and they pretty much provide all the same thing.

Only need to speak to them if you have an issue and from what I gather BT are fairly decent on the customer services front when it comes to complaints (OFCOM).

What you mean wasn't there doing ?

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Ofcom put BTGroup in that position. The network had to become a separate company as part of some review done to make it fair for telcos.

Most of the public seem to think "BT" still look after the network and rant at them when there is an issue, so it's more a clarification to that.

They didn't look after it much when they had 

In any case it's mostly bt engineers moved over and same subcontractors